The healthiest smoothie recipes
Fruit and vegetable juices are not only tasty but also have a high content of vitamins and nutrients. Prevention.com recommends some delicious, easy to make, healthy and perfect recipes for your diet.
1. Banana and ginger smoothie
Good for digestion, heartburn, nausea and other stomach dysfunctions.
1 banana, sliced
a small vanilla yogurt
1 teaspoon honey
½ teaspoon freshly grated ginger
2. Orange smoothie
Do you want to cool off after a hard day's work or a hot day? Here is a low calorie drink.
a low-fat yogurt
2 tablespoons orange juice
1 sachet of vanilla sugar
4 ice cubes
3. Green tea, currants, bananas
3 tablespoons water
1 sachet of green tea
2 tablespoons honey
1 cup and a half frozen currants
half a banana
200 ml soy milk
1. Make green tea in hot water. Add the honey and stir until dissolved.
2. Mix the currants, bananas and milk in a blender.
3. Add the green tea.
4. The best smoothie in the world
Replace breakfast with this smoothie and you will have enough until noon.
1 low-fat yogurt
half a cup of orange juice
6 frozen strawberries
5. Smoothie with strawberries and kiwi
300 ml cold apple juice
1 sliced banana
5 frozen strawberries
1 teaspoon honey
6. Peach smoothie
1 cup milk
2 tablespoons skimmed vanilla yogurt
half a cup of strawberries
1 teaspoon ground ginger
3 ice cubes
Mix the liquid ingredients first and then add the solid ones.
7. The magic of the watermelon
Turn your favorite summer fruit into a delicious drink. But don't forget to remove the seeds first.
2 cups watermelon
200 ml skim milk
2 cups of ice
Mix the watermelon with the milk in a blender for 15 sec. Add ice and stir for another 20 sec. or more depending on the desired consistency. If you feel the need, add more ice and stir for another 10 sec.
8. Sunrise Smoothie
Mix apricots and peaches and your smoothie will look like a sunrise.
1 cup apricot nectar
1 peach yogurt
1 tablespoon cold lemonade
½ chilled ice cup
9. Slim-Down Smoothie
This smoothie recipe is a perfect substitute for milkshake or ice cream.
1 cup frozen blackberries, strawberries or raspberries
½ cup orange juice
10. Pineapple smoothie
Fruit and vegetable smoothie recipes in various combinations:
1. You need two carrots, two or three tablespoons of sour cream, a hot green pepper (which has been cleaned of seeds) a few sprigs of parsley, a tablespoon of lemon juice, a piece of telemea.
This combination will give you a source of energy for a whole day.
2. For this smoothie you need the following ingredients:
A banana, two tablespoons of honey, a cup of milk, or a fatty yogurt, a tablespoon of cocoa and a spoonful of cinnamon.
This smoothie is a very delicious one, but also nourishing for the body.
3. You need a banana, a grapefruit (or an orange) a glass of sweet milk, two tablespoons of honey, a handful of hazelnuts, walnuts and finely ground almonds.
4. For this smoothie you need three cucumbers, ten small radishes, 250 grams of sour cream and 250 grams of Telemea cheese, a pinch of salt and one of pepper.
Peel a squash, grate it and cut it into small pieces.
These are just a few smoothie options we propose, but you can try any mixture with one condition: do not mix starchy vegetables with fruits.
Starchy vegetables are: broccoli, stems, carrots, cauliflower, cabbage, pumpkin, eggplant, lentils, beans.
These smoothies are consumed quickly, because the ingredients begin to oxidize immediately. Do not hesitate to consume them, because they will provide you with a daily portion of health!
Recipes with anti-inflammatory ingredients
Smoothie combination ideas:
Smoothie with Greek yogurt, blueberries and spinach:
1/2 cup Greek yogurt + 1 cup almond milk +1/2 cup baby spinach + 1 lb peanut butter + 1/2 cup blueberries or any other berries + pistachios, cinnamon, 3-4 cubes ice
Green smoothie with spinach:
1/2 cup almond milk + 1 ripe banana + 2 cups spinach leaves + 1 cup strawberries + 2 lbs peanut butter + 1/2 lb turmeric + 1/2 lg cinnamon + 1 lb Chia seeds
Smoothie with berries or strawberries:
1/2 cup beet peeled and cut into pieces + 1 cup berries (raspberries, blueberries, blackberries) or strawberries + 1 cup natural cranberry juice + 1 lb honey + 5 cm peeled ginger + 1/2 lg cinnamon
Citrus and avocado smoothie:
1 peeled and pitted avocado + 1 banana + orange juice + lemon juice + 1 Greek yogurt (200 ml)
Smoothie with carrot, ginger and pineapple:
juice from 2 carrots + 1 ripe banana + 1 cup pineapple pieces + 1/2 lg turmeric + 1 lg peeled and grated ginger + 1 cup almond milk
Subscribe to the newsletter
To receive the latest articles and special announcements by email, subscribe to our weekly newsletter!
Kiwi smoothie with orange juice - Recipes
For some time now I have been discovering green smoothies, and I have a real passion for them. It is true that it coincided with the purchase of a very powerful blender, with the help of which I did all kinds of experiments and introduced new things into the diet, such as these smoothies, or energy snacks (made from oats, dried fruits , nuts, seeds and coconut oil).
I can tell you a lot about green smoothies, but the most important thing is that they are the best way to get your share of antioxidants and phytonutrients without feeling the taste (maybe unbearable for some) of vegetables or superfoods. like spirulina, because it is excellently masked by the fruit. In this way you can convince those in the family less attracted to a healthy diet (especially children or adolescents) to start the day with a breakfast full of nutrients, a breakfast very easy to eat and prepare, and especially, a delicious breakfast. Who wouldn't love to start the day with a sweet, creamy, beautifully colored drink with a taste of bananas, kiwi, pineapple or mango? I feel like I'm on vacation every time I enjoy a smoothie.
Here are some of them the benefits of consuming green smoothie:
& # 8211 High intake of fresh nutrients & # 8211 Antioxidants, fiber, phytonutrients, vitamins, minerals & # 8211 from ingredients you may have never eaten raw (such as kale, beet or parsley leaves in larger quantity)
& # 8211 Easy digestion, due to the liquid consistency, which no longer requires the stomach
My first attempts were after the ear & # 8211 I threw in the blender everything I found interesting in the fridge, and I mixed full of hope, but I didn't always get an acceptable taste. After some unsuccessful attempts, I started to document myself, and I understood that you have to follow some simple but very effective rules, in order to obtain a green smoothie with good taste, nutritious balance and easily digestible.
1. Follow the formula 30/30/40 & # 8211 ie 30% green leaves, 30% liquid and other ingredients, 40% fruit to mask the taste of the greens and to make the smoothie sweet and creamy.
Green leaves can be & # 8211 spinach, beet leaves, radish leaves, kale, mangold, parsley, mint, butter, sorrel, stevia, arugula, dandelion, salad & # 8211 you can use them fresh or frozen (but without thawing them before smoothie preparation). Spinach, lettuce and beet leaves have a neutral taste and are the safest when making a green smoothie, with the others you have to be careful because the taste can be hot, bitter, sour, and can upset the balance of taste.
Liquid & # 8211 In order not to load the digestive system with a product of animal origin, and to let it draw its nutrients from fruits and green leaves, I chose not to add milk or yogurt to the smoothie. And because there's not much time to make vegetable milk, my solution is simpler & I leave the almonds or cashews soaked overnight, and in the morning I add them directly to the smoothie with water. You can also use plain or filtered water, or coconut milk (but beware that commercial coconut milk often contains all kinds of E's), commercial vegetable milk, fresh orange juice, lemon, lime or grapefruit , green tea.
fruits & # 8211 here you can play anyway & # 8211 I used peeled apples and pears, kiwi, mango, pomegranate seeds, sea buckthorn from the freezer, fresh or frozen berries, pineapple, banana and even avocado, which will makes the smoothie very creamy and will come with an important intake of minerals and healthy fats. I have them available now in winter, but in summer you can use all the wonderful fresh fruits & # 8211 apricots, peaches, cherries, cherries, strawberries, fresh berries, melons, plums. In any case, it is important that the fruit is well ripened, so that the smoothie comes out creamy. The smoothie is a great reason not to throw away overripe bananas - you can freeze them and add them directly to the smoothie blender.
2. Process the leaves separately with the liquid, then add the fruit and process again to avoid a smoothie with pieces of fruit, vegetables or strips of leaves. Always start with a smaller amount of water, and if you need more you can add & # 8211 the idea of the smoothie is the creaminess, the consistency of foam. It is good to use a strong blender, to enjoy this consistency to the fullest.
3. Use superfoods and other healthy ingredients to increase the nutritional value of the smoothie & # 8211 chia seeds, flax, hemp, peanut butter, carob (carob powder), spirulina, almonds, sunflower seeds, raw hazelnuts, ginger, cocoa, cinnamon, turmeric, various seed germs . Some of the vitamins in vegetables and fruits & # 8211; vitamins A, K, D, E are more easily absorbed with the help of healthy fats, so avocados, raw seeds and nuts are a perfect addition to the nutritional balance of the smoothie. The right amount for these ingredients is a tablespoon or two for a smoothie for two people.
4. Sweeten the smoothie with honey & # 8211 if the fruit does not create the taste you want, you can add a teaspoon of natural honey or 2-3 finely chopped dried fruits (dates), but avoid adding sugar.
5. The smoothie does not have to be green You can use green leaves, but if you put berries or a lot of yellow fruits, or carob or turmeric powder, the color will not be green, but it does not mean that your smoothie is not as healthy.
My first successful green smoothie (except for the mustard seeds, which made the smoothie a little spicy) had the following ingredients:
4 hands full of fresh baby spinach
1 well-baked avocado (at Metro I find almost every time)
a handful of mustard seeds
2 thin slices of fresh ginger
2 teaspoons chia seeds
The taste was very fresh and I didn't feel the need for a sweetener, but if you like the sweeter taste, you can replace the avocado with a ripe banana.
- 1.5 kg kiwi (1.1 kg after cleaning)
- 1 kg orange (600 g after cleaning)
- 850 g sugar
- grated peel from an organic orange (optional)
We choose well-ripened fruits and peel them.
We clean the oranges so that we remove the white part and chop them into cubes. The kiwi must be very well baked, if we press with our finger on them there must be a trace. large double bottom pan.
Put the bowl on medium heat and stir for 2-3 minutes until the fruit juice is left.
Prepare well-washed and sterilized jars and carefully put the hot jam. Cover them with kitchen towels and leave them until the next day, then store them in the pantry.
Good job and good appetite!
If you find yourself in the taste of the recipes on this blog, I am waiting for you every day on facebook page. You will find there many recipes posted, new ideas and discussions with those interested.
* You can also sign up for Recipes group of all kinds. There you will be able to upload your photos with tried and tested dishes from this blog. We will be able to discuss menus, food recipes and much more. However, I urge you to follow the group's rules!
You can also follow us on Instagram and Pinterest, with the same name "Recipes of all kinds".
1. Smoothie with mango, banana and honey
Mango is a fruit that contains vitamin A, B6 and C, beta-carotene, fiber, magnesium, potassium and calcium. Because it has a low caloric intake (60 calories / 100g) and it is low in fat, mango is recommended in weight loss diets. High fiber content, gives the feeling of satiety, improves digestion and accelerates calorie burning.
Ingredients for 2 servings of smoothie:
- a banana,
- half a cup of cleaned mango,
- ¼ yogurt mug,
- ¼ cup orange juice,
- 2 tablespoons natural honey,
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon.
Banana and mango are cleaned and cut into cubes. Put them together in a blender and mix, and then add the yogurt, orange juice, honey and cinnamon and continue mixing until smooth. Serve immediately.
15 Smoothie recipes
The best smoothie recipes we can make at home.
Smoothies are a quick way to have breakfast or, why not, a snack. If we use more fruit, a large glass of smoothie ends up replacing even a main meal.
HEALTH horoscope: find out what the stars have in store for you.
The incredible benefits of smoothies:
- They are intense detoxifiers
- They're very healthy
- Provides energy from the beginning of the day
- Activates liver functions
- Cleanses the skin
- Provides daily area of vitamins and minerals
- Treat constipation
- Helps strengthen the immune system