We are searching data for your request:
Forums and discussions:
Manuals and reference books:
Data from registers:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
- Cakes with fruit
- Citrus cakes
- Orange cake
The most important ingredient in this cake is a beautiful, large, organic, unwaxed orange. It is simple to make but absolutely heavenly.
40 people made this
- 1 large orange
- 300g caster sugar
- 75ml extra virgin olive oil
- 280g plain flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
MethodPrep:20min ›Cook:50min ›Ready in:1hr10min
- Preheat oven to 190 C / Gas 5. Grease a 23cm round springform tin.
- Cut off the hard bits from the top and bottom of the orange. Slice the orange and remove all seeds. Puree the orange with its peel in a food processor. Add one third of the sugar and the olive oil and continue to mix until well combined.
- Sieve together flour and baking powder.
- Beat the eggs and the remaining sugar with an electric hand mixer for at least five minutes until very fluffy. Fold in half of the flour mixture, then the orange and the vanilla, then fold in the remaining flour. Mix well but not for too long.
- Pour cake mixture into prepared tin and smooth out. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes. Reduce the oven temperature to 160 C / Gas 2 and bake again for 30 minutes Bake until the cake is golden brown and a skewer comes out clean. Cool on a wire cake rack.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(11)
Reviews in English (1)
Superb - especially warm with ice cream!-18 Feb 2017