- Meat and poultry
- Cuts of beef
- Sirloin steak
This is my husband's new favourite dinner. I don't think we will need to order Chinese food any time soon!
5 people made this
- 5 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 675g sirloin steak, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, plus more if needed
- 1 or 2 pieces of thinly sliced fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 450g broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 tin sliced mushrooms, drained
- 225g snap peas
MethodPrep:20min ›Cook:20min ›Extra time:30min marinating › Ready in:1hr10min
- Whisk sherry, oyster sauce, sesame oil, soy sauce, sugar and cornflour together in a bowl until sugar dissolves.
- Arrange steak slices in a shallow bowl; pour the oyster sauce mixture over the steak, stir to coat and marinate in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat vegetable oil in a wok or large pan over medium-high heat. Cook and stir ginger and garlic in hot oil until fragrant about 1 minute. Remove and discard the ginger and garlic. Stir broccoli, mushrooms and peas together in the pan; cook and stir in the hot oil until the broccoli is bright green and almost tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove the vegetable mixture to a bowl.
- Pour beef slices with the marinade into the pan; cook and stir until the sauce forms a glaze on the beef and the meat is no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Return the cooked vegetables to the wok; cook and stir until the broccoli is heated through, about 3 minutes.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(1)
Reviews in English (1)
I made this for family members who dont like chilli. It was very nice, not wow, but nice all the same. The flavours were tasty but there wasn't much sauce. I'll make it again but next time I will double up on the sauce.-07 Apr 2018