- Dish type
- American pancakes
Based on the 'American Breakfast' - fluffy pancakes stacks with layers of crispy bacon and maple syrup.
Kent, England, UK
2 people made this
- 12 slices smoked back bacon
- 6 thin pancakes, shop bought or homemade
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 bottle Canadian maple syrup
MethodPrep:2min ›Cook:10min ›Ready in:12min
- Grill the bacon until crispy. Heat the pancakes in the microwave for 30 seconds to warm through or make your own.
- On a dinner plate place 2 rashers of bacon, season with pepper and drizzle some syrup over. Repeat with remaining 2 pancakes and 4 rashers bacon. Finish with a generous drizzle over the top.
- Repeat with 2nd serving.
If you can get it - the Canadian syrup is so much nicer than the standard versions which can be overly sweet and sickly.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(1)
Reviews in English (1)
We have been making this for years and it is always a hit!-31 Mar 2015
Bacon Pancake Dippers
Who doesn't love a good stack of pancakes in the morning with a side of bacon all doused in maple syrup? Get ready to love pancakes and bacon even more when you combine the two for a deliciously sweet and salty breakfast treat that will bring something different to your plate in the morning. If you haven't gone to brunch lately one of our favorite foodie fads may be passing you by -- that is, bacon-bit-infused pancake batter. This recipe does the same thing, but instead of bacon bits, we've thrown the whole strip of bacon inside the batter for a pancake "pop" of sorts this is both a fun and delicious way to eat your most important meal of the day!
Cooking Time - Text 2 minutes per side
- 2 cups pancake mix (such as Bisquick)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 5 slices bacon, cut in half, cooked and drained
Heat a skillet over medium-high heat.
Prepare pancake batter according to package directions, using buttermilk and adding 2 teaspoons cinnamon. Transfer batter to a squeeze-type container for dispensing (such as an old, well-cleaned ketchup bottle)
Spread a small amount of butter in the bottom of the preheated skillet. Dispense a small amount of batter, press a half a piece of bacon into the batter and cover with more batter.
Cook 2 minutes, until the bubbles forming along the edges of the pack cake &ldquopop&rdquo and the underside is lightly golden brown.
Gently flip your pancake and cook an additional 2 minutes.
Serve with warm syrup for dipping.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Thank you for signing up!
We were unable to sign you up - please try again.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Images from other cooks
Thanks for your comment. Don't forget to share!
l love breakfast or brunch type treats like this one, especially when we are headed off on a road trip or sometimes just because I feel like making them, lol. Because the bacon is hidden inside the pancake mix it is such a lovely taste surprise when you bite into it and with the warm syrup these are quite delicious!
I have to make these soon. Everything about this Bacon Pancake Dippers recipe absolutely intrigues me. I love the concept of the bacon being inside the pancake, and I am absolutely thrilled by the idea of squeezing the batter onto the frying pan. How great is that. I have never been successful at making pancakes, but I think these will be my first triumph.
These are cute! I can't wait to try these out the next time we have a visit from our granddaughter. She loves pancakes and bacon and these will be a real treat for her. It's worth having a package or two of the pre-cooked bacon on hand to make this up in a jiffy when the mood strikes. I can see serving these as an appetizer, and not just for breakfast.
This is a perfect make ahead breakfast and I'm guessing it would keep well in the fridge for a few days at least, just in case you don't have a lot of time to cook in the morning. Crumbled bacon directly into the batter would make this really easy and less messy too. You can probably even substitute sausage in this recipe as well if you're a sausage lover like me.
I like the surprise inside factor with the whole strip of bacon in the pancake. I don't think I've ever met someone who doesn't love a great batch of pancakes with bacon on the side! My son is going to absolutely love these pancakes. What a great way to start the day, thanks for the video!
Oooh those look good. And so easy! I love these Quick Bites videos!!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
Sweet and Savory Chickenvideocam
This Sweet and Savory Chicken recipe is the perfect dinner meal for when you can't quite decide what type of chicken you would like.&hellip See more Continue reading: "Sweet and Savory Chickenvideocam"
My Recipe Box (0) View »
Something worth saving?
Connect With Us
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
Prime Publishing Food Group
© Copyright 2021 Prime Publishing, LLC. All rights reserved.
Sign In to Your Account
Sign In With One Of Your Social Accounts
Sign in using email and password
Forgot Your Password?
Images from other cooks
Share Your Images
Help others by adding images to this recipe. It's easy! Click here to start
Please sign into your account to add new images.
There are currently no images from other cooks.
Terms & Conditions
You must enter into this Agreement if you want to submit digital images or other content to Prime Publishing through Sharing Customer Images (the "Service"). As used in this Agreement, "we" or "Prime Publishing" means Prime Publishing, LLC. and "you" means the individual or entity submitting materials to Prime Publishing. Any individual or entity that wants to use the Service must accept the terms of this Agreement without change. BY CLICKING THE ACCEPT TERMS AND CONDITIONS BUTTON, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY ALL TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT AND ALL SPECIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES INCORPORATED BY REFERENCE.
1) Eligibility. You may only submit Materials to the Service for which you hold all intellectual property rights. In other words, if you submit a digital image to us, you must own all rights to such image or you must have the authorization of the person who does own those rights. The Service is limited to parties that lawfully can enter into and form contracts under applicable law. Minors may not submit Materials to the Service. Further, you may not submit any personally identifiable information about any child under the age of 13.
2) Definitions. As used in this Agreement, (a) "Affiliates" means any entity controlled by, in control of, or under common control with Prime Publishing, (b) "Materials" means all content that you submit to Prime Publishing, including all photographs, illustrations, graphics and text, and (c) "Media" means any means of conveying information, whether now known or hereafter devised.
3) License Grant for Materials. You hereby grant to Prime Publishing and its Affiliates a worldwide, nonexclusive, royalty-free, perpetual right and license to (a) reproduce, distribute, transmit, publicly perform and publicly display the Materials, in whole or in part, in any manner and Media, (b) modify, adapt, translate and create derivative works from the Materials, in whole or in part, in any manner and Media, and (c) sublicense the foregoing rights, in whole or in part, to any third party, with or without a fee.
4) Removal of Materials. If you decide you would like to remove your Materials from the Service, you may provide written notice to Prime Publishing by either deleting the image through the Prime Publishing interface or by contacting Prime Publishing customer service, and Prime Publishing will remove such Materials from the Service within a reasonable period of time.
5) License for Name, Trademarks and Likenesses. You hereby grant to Prime Publishing, its Affiliates and sublicensees a nonexclusive, worldwide, royalty-free license to use all trademarks, trade names, and the names and likenesses of any individuals that appear in the Materials. You grant Prime Publishing, its Affiliates and sublicensees the right to use the name that you submit in connection with the Materials.
6) Specifications and Guidelines. You agree to submit Materials to us in accordance with all guidelines for use of the Service posted on the Prime Publishing web site or of which you are otherwise notified ("Guidelines"), as these Guidelines may be changed in the future.
7) Representations, Warranties and Indemnities. You represent and warrant to Prime Publishing and its Affiliates that (a) you have the right, power, and authority necessary to enter into this Agreement, to fully perform your obligations hereunder, and to grant the licenses set forth in Paragraphs 3 and 5 above, (b) you will comply fully with all terms of this Agreement, (c) the Materials submitted to Prime Publishing by you, and Prime Publishing's and its Affiliates' exercise of their rights hereunder, do not and will not violate, misappropriate or infringe any intellectual property right, including but not limited to trademark rights, copyrights, moral rights and publicity rights of any third party, (d) you possess all rights necessary for the reproduction, distribution, transmission, public performance, public display, and other exploitation of the Materials by Prime Publishing and its Affiliates as permitted hereunder, (e) the Materials are not pornographic, obscene, libelous, defamatory, tortious, or otherwise unlawful, and (f) all factual statements submitted by you are accurate and not misleading. You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold Prime Publishing and its Affiliates harmless from all claims, liabilities, damages, and expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys' fees and expenses) arising from your breach of any representation or warranty set forth in this paragraph.
8) Restrictions. You agree that you will not submit Materials that are unlawful, pornographic, libelous, defamatory, tortious, obscene, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable, or that otherwise violate general Prime Publishing community standards. We expressly reserve the right to remove or not make available any Materials that we deem to be in violation of this Agreement, applicable laws or our community standards in our sole discretion. You agree that you will not upload, post, e-mail or otherwise transmit Materials to us or our Affiliates that contain software viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
9) No Obligation. Although we have the right to include your Materials in the Service or in any Media, we do not have the obligation to do so. We may, in our sole discretion and for any reason, refuse the Materials or remove them from our Service at any time.
10) Changes to Agreement. We reserve the right to change any of the terms of this Agreement or any Specifications or Guidelines governing the Service at any time in our sole discretion. All changes will be effective upon posting to the Service. However, for all changes to this Agreement, excluding Specifications and Guidelines, we will post a notice of change for thirty (30) days. You are responsible for reviewing the notice and any applicable changes. YOUR CONTINUED USE OF THIS SERVICE FOLLOWING OUR POSTING OF ANY CHANGES WILL CONSTITUTE YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF SUCH CHANGES.
11) Prime Publishing Intellectual Property. Without our prior written consent, you may not use our intellectual property, including, without limitation, our trademarks, trade names, trade dress, or copyrighted material, in any manner.
12) Communications. Prime Publishing and its Affiliates may communicate with you in connection with the Service, electronically and in other Media, and you consent to such communications regardless of any "Customer Communication Preferences" (or similar preferences or requests) you may have indicated on the web sites of Prime Publishing or its Affiliates or by any other means.
13) Waiver. PRIME PUBLISHING AND ITS AFFILIATES WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO SUCH DAMAGES ARISING FROM BREACH OF CONTRACT OR WARRANTY OR FROM NEGLIGENCE OR STRICT LIABILITY) ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF (OR KNEW OR SHOULD KNOWN OF) THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
14) Disclaimer. PRIME PUBLISHING PROVIDES THE SERVICE "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
15) Miscellaneous. This Agreement will be governed by the laws of the United States of America and the state of Washington, without reference to rules governing choice of laws. Any action relating to this Agreement must be brought in the federal or state courts located in Seattle, Washington, and you irrevocably consent to the jurisdiction of such courts. You may not assign this Agreement, by operation of law or otherwise, without our prior written consent. Subject to that restriction, this Agreement will be binding on, inure to, and be enforceable against the parties and their respective successors and permitted assigns. Our failure to enforce your strict performance of any provision of this Agreement will not constitute a waiver of our right to enforce such provision or any other provision of this Agreement subsequently. The Specifications and Guidelines (including all future changes) are incorporated by reference into this Agreement. This Agreement is in addition to, and does not supersede or modify, the terms and conditions of use of the web sites of Prime Publishing and its Affiliates.
Sharing Your Own Images
You! Anyone who is a registered and logged in user.
Please share images that will help other visitors. For example:
- Images that highlight a article's features ("Here are the controls on this music player", "See the clasp for this necklace", "Look at the box this came in")
- Images showing someone using a product ("Here I am wearing this scarf", "Install the ink cartridge here")
- Images related to a topic ("My dog Skipper", "A great outfit", "Our family at Yellowstone", "How to glue a chair using a cabinet clamp")
- Images that show how a product performs ("I took this picture with this camera", "This shirt shrunk in the wash", "The saw blade after 100 cuts")
- Images that give a sense of the size of the product ("This refrigerator is actually 6' tall", "A cellphone the size of a credit card")
Do include captions for your images. While not required, they provide context for your images. Additionally, you can use the Image Notes feature to highlight one or more interesting areas in your image. Everyone will see your notes when they roll over your image.
What shouldn't I share?
Behave as if you were a guest at a friend's dinner party: please treat the Prime Publishing community with respect. Do not share:
- Profane, obscene, or spiteful images, or any images with nudity
- Images to which you do not own the intellectual property rights
- Images featuring phone numbers, mail addresses, or URLs. You can watermark an image with copyright information.
- Images featuring availability, price, or alternative ordering/shipping information
- Images featuring external Web sites, contests, or other solicitations
- Any personal information about children under 13
- Images with automobile license plates that are prominent and easily read (pictures with license plates that have been fuzzed out or that otherwise cannot be read are acceptable).
The same guidelines apply to your captions and notes.
What image formats and sizes are supported?
We support JPEG, GIF and PNG images. Files must be no more than 1MB. Both the image height and the image width must be between 60 and 3500 pixels.
Instead of uploading an image, can I just enter a link to an image?
No, all images must be uploaded to Prime Publishing. This ensures your image is always available.
How long does it take to upload an image?
The time varies depending on the speed of your Internet connection and the size of the image file. For a 400KB image, for example, you should expect 2 to 4 minutes over a 56KB modem and under 1 minute for DSL or cable modem.
Where will my image appear?
Generally your image will appear where you uploaded it: in the article image gallery.
Who owns the images I upload?
The rights owner of the image continues to own the image uploading your image to Prime Publishing does not transfer ownership.
What are Bacon and Corn Griddle Cakes?
These savory pancakes are stuffed with corn, crumbled bacon, onions, chives and Monterey Jack cheese. My husband eyed me suspiciously as I was preparing this deeply unusual breakfast treat. I told him to go back to reading the paper and pour himself a cup of coffee.
The truth is… I wasn’t exactly how these would go over either. The batter is thick, and it produces sturdy, yet fluffy little cakes that are perfect for stacking.
As a true bacon lover does, I always save some extra crispy bacon to serve on top.
And then I cover it all with a massive downpour of warm maple syrup.
I’ll never forget when we first sampled these. Wow. These are really different. And by different, I mean they are really very good. They don’t taste quite the same as pancakes, since there is a savory element to it all. So I thought it would be more appropriate to call them “griddle cakes.” The cakes have a fluffy interior, and those chunks of bacon and corn and melted cheese combined with the maple syrup are a surprisingly lovely treat.
It’s the sort of recipe that I’d be delighted to see on a breakfast menu at a restaurant, since I’m always up for trying new things. And the bacon… yep, bacon is a must. Make extra and be generous with it, because a little bit of bacon (or a lot) always makes everything taste incredible as far as I’m concerned. #BaconLoversUnite
So what do you think… are you up for sampling some Griddle Cakes?
You may also like
Cinnamon French Toast & Bacon
Potato Rosti with Wee Black Pudding Stack
Bacon & Sausage Breakfast Pizza (Oven Method)
Download Homemade Pancake Recipes Images
Download Homemade Pancake Recipes
Images. 40+ homemade pancake recipes you'll flip for. Our recipe for classic pancakes made from scratch is the perfect weekend breakfast.
Easy Homemade Pancakes Recipe Julie Eats Treats House Plans 91028 from cdn.jhmrad.com
Light & fluffy, homemade pancakes recipe. We have all the sweet and savoury pancake recipes you need for shrove tuesday, or simply for a weekend breakfast or bunch. This link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines.
Stack of homemade pancakes with maple syrup and bacon (source:
Our recipe for classic pancakes made from scratch is the perfect weekend breakfast. See more ideas about homemade pancake recipe, recipes, pancake recipe. From easy homemade pancake recipes to masterful homemade pancake preparation techniques, find homemade pancake ideas by our editors and community in this recipe collection. Add any fruit, color, fruits of your choice to your pancakes, and whip up your lazy sunday mornings.
Here's how to make perfect pancakes from scratch every time.
Try these 21 best pancake recipes, from everyday plain pancakes and baked versions to chocolate chip, blueberry, and pumpkin.
Pancakes are a traditional breakfast treat that are easy to make.
Stack of homemade pancakes with maple syrup and bacon (source:
Family thanksgiving breakfast = homemade pancakes | 21 mouthwatering pancake recipes.
Family thanksgiving breakfast = homemade pancakes | 21 mouthwatering pancake recipes.
Reviewed by millions of home cooks.
Homemade pancakes aren't complicated to make, but sometimes it's that much more appealing if and yes, this recipe makes 13 pancakes.
Bacon Egg Pancake Breakfast Sandwiches
I&rsquove discussed many times how much my family loves breakfast/brunch recipes!! They&rsquore our favorite, and we often enjoy them for dinner since our mornings are usually pretty crazy.
Today&rsquos recipe is a new one that we just ADORE! These Bacon Egg Pancake Breakfast Sandwiches are so stinkin&rsquo simple and tasty that we&rsquove had them 3 times in the last month. I wish I could say I was joking about that, but I&rsquom not. In fact, just on Sunday, I asked the hubby what he felt like for dinner and he said he wanted this. I didn&rsquot mind at all since I&rsquom crazy about this meal too, and more importantly, I love that it&rsquos so easy to make!!
These sandwiches combine all the delicious flavors we love for breakfast and brunch, including eggs, bacon and pancakes. How can you not love these with all of those ingredients? And, of course, bacon makes everything taste better, right?
Whether I&rsquom serving bacon up for brunch time or adding crumbles of bacon to a dinner recipe for an extra punch of flavor, my go-to is Smithfield. They carry a wide variety of flavors and cuts to take any meal to the next level!
As usual, this can be changed up any way you like it. You can cook up your eggs sunny side up, use different kinds of cheeses for different flavors or try trading out maple syrup with fruit spread. No matter how you make them, they&rsquore guaranteed to be a hit and hopefully you can add them to your regular meal rotation. Just don&rsquot leave out the bacon! 😉
These Bacon Egg Pancake Breakfast Sandwiches are perfect for all those that love the sweet and salty goodness of the pancake and bacon combo. They were so popular with everyone in the family and will be great to try out during the upcoming brunch season.
I hope you give these a try! And if you do, be sure to tag a picture #kimscravings on Instagram so we can see. Enjoy!
If you need something a little more filling in the mornings and maybe something to eat on the go, you&rsquoll have to try these breakfast sandwiches.
Using a sheet tray, you can make and bake a whole batch before wrapping them to freeze. In the morning, pull on (or two) and microwave for a couple of minutes.
So easy and so versatile! Use any kind of meat you like, and experiment with different cheeses and veggies, too.
My favorite has to be bacon, egg, and mature cheddar cheese with onions and a smear of chipotle mayo.
- 1 pound collard greens, rinsed and trimmed
- 1 onion, chopped
- ¼ pound salt pork
- 6 egg whites
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 thick slices Canadian-style bacon
- 4 thick slices whole-grain bread, toasted
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
Place collards, onion and salt pork in a large saucepan. Cover with water and cook over medium heat, until greens are tender (about 15 to 20 minutes). Drain, discard pork, reserve the greens and onions and set aside.
Spray a nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Heat skillet over medium high heat and add egg whites. Season with salt and pepper to taste and saute all together, stirring constantly until done to taste.
Meanwhile, spray another nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium high heat. Saute Canadian bacon on both sides until lightly browned. Remove from skillet and drain on paper towels.
To Assemble Stacks: Place bread slices on a broiler pan. Top each with 1 slice Canadian bacon and equal portions greens, egg whites and cheese. Broil until cheese bubbles and melts. Sprinkle chives on top and serve.
What is Buckwheat?
Buckwheat is tremendously great for you!
Buckwheat comes from a fruit seed and is a relative of rhubarb. What does this mean? No gluten!
Those who include buckwheat in their diet have decreased risk of high cholesterol or high blood pressure and may have increased blood sugar regularity as the body&rsquos insulin response to buckwheat is much lower than its response to refined wheat. Plus it&rsquos high in fiber. The list goes on and on and on.
Layering is smart in the winter and the same can be said about a stack of Mancakes.
Here&rsquos the order of operations: Buckwheat pancake layer followed by fried egg and bacon layer, repeat. How high can you stack &rsquoem?
Make These Savory Bacon and Corn Pancakes With Cheddar and Jalapeño
I gotta admit it: I'm not an American pancake lover. I know grown men who go weak in the knees at the sight of a stack of thin golden-brown cakes. Not me. Chinese scallion pancakes? Send 'em my way. Korean pajeon? Even better. I'll even take a crêpe or a roti over a flapjack.
I think it all comes down to my predilection towards savory foods over sweet. But who ever said American pancakes have to be sweet? What's stopping us from savory-ing them up?
That's exactly what these pancakes are. They start with a basic American-style pancake recipe, but they come stuffed with crisp bacon, sautéed corn, jalapeño peppers, scallions, and—the kicker—pockets of gooey melted cheddar cheese. These are pancakes that I can really get behind (or perhaps more precisely, get my mouth around).
My first strategy was to simply add a mixture of sautéed corn, bacon, jalapeño, and scallions along with some grated cheddar cheese to my standard pancake batter recipe. After all, the just-add-stuff strategy worked out fine for my Bacon, Cheese, and Scallion Waffle recipe. But a pancake is not a waffle, and that strategy didn't work for a few reasons, the main one being structural.
A waffle has the advantage that it cooks entirely in an enclosed, rigid mold. A pancake, on the other hand, needs to be flipped. Simply adding all my flavorings to the batter made for a pancake that was too heavy and weak to flip without folding or splattering. The gooey cheese seemed to be the primary suspect here, so I tried incorporating it a few different ways, including grated and cut into slabs that I nestled into the batter and topped with more batter (this was delicious but even more difficult to flip). In the end, cubes proved to be the way to go.
Not only do cubes leave more batter space intact, they also melt into nice caves of gooey cheese that offer intense bursts of flavor as you eat the pancakes. Much more exciting than having grated cheese laced throughout.
To up the corn flavor in the pancakes, I also ended up replacing half of the flour with fine cornmeal and the sugar with honey (honey and corn are just such a great combo), which ended up making the final recipe not that far off from my brown butter cornbread.
I don't ever head into anything blind. I watch the preview before going to the theater. I make a map of my food stops before I hit a new city. I can only imagine how frightening a first date with me would've been if detailed online personal information had existed back when I was still dating.
When it comes to pancakes, I like the exterior to tell a bit about what's going on inside, which means that the flat, golden-brown expanse of cooked batter that these guys were exhibiting with just that tiny hint of gooey cheese around the edges wasn't going to cut it.
To fix this problem, I decided to keep half of my filling out of the batter, spooning it on top of the pancakes after ladling them onto the griddle or pan. That way, after flipping, the corn, bacon, and scallion get embedded right into the top surface.
Yesterday I said that these halloumi and chorizo pancakes would help you win at brunch. You'd just better hope that your competitor isn't making bacon, corn, and cheddar pancakes or you're gonna have a real run for your money.