Like every year I put zucchini in the freezer, maybe we miss the zucchini bread when winter comes :)
Preparation time: less than 30 minutes
RECIPE PREPARATION Winter zucchini:
Peel a squash, grate it and squeeze the juice.
Cut 2-3 mm slices.
Put in a strainer, salt and leave to drain for 20 minutes.
Put them in bags and put them in the freezer.
Pickled jar in a jar for the winter & # 8211 is crispy, delicious and fragrant
The pickled zucchini in the jar for winter is very tasty. I put a few jars for the winter every year. The zucchini is crispy, fragrant and delicious. The recipe I use can be found below.
Ingredients for 3 1 liter jars:
- 2 kg zucchini, a few sprigs of dill
- 9 cloves of garlic, 18 black peppercorns
- 9 cloves, 3 bay leaves
- 1.5 liters of water, 190 gr sugar
- 70 gr coarse salt, 190 ml 9% vinegar
Method of preparation:
For this recipe I recommend using young pumpkin. Wash the zucchini and cut off both ends. Then cut them into medium-thick slices.
Wash the dill sprigs and clean the garlic. Then cut each clove of garlic in half.
Put in each jar a few sprigs of dill, a few halves of garlic (keep a little garlic), 6 black peppercorns, 3 cloves and 1 bay leaf.
Put the slices of pumpkin, one on top of the other in jars. Put the remaining garlic on top. Pour boiling water into jars, cover with a lid and set aside for 10 minutes.
Drain the water from the jars and repeat the procedure. To prepare the marinade, boil water in a saucepan. Add salt and sugar. Mix well to dissolve sugar and salt, then add vinegar. Let the marinade cook for a few more minutes.
Drain the water from the jars and replace it immediately with the boiling marinade. Thread the caps tightly.
Turn the jars upside down, wrap them in a towel or a thick blanket and let them cool slowly overnight.
The next day, after the jars have cooled completely, store them in a dark and cool place, preferably in the cellar or pantry.
Pumpkin in a simple jar or in tomato juice for the winter
Pumpkin in a simple jar or in tomato juice for the winter. Canned pumpkin recipe for winter. You can also make pumpkin compote following this recipe. Three simple and cheap canned vegetables, cooked and sterilized directly in the jar.
In winter we can use these canned pumpkins for soups, stews, pots or other dishes with sauce or for pumpkin salad with mayonnaise, yogurt and garlic & # 8211 see the recipe here.
Also from the zucchini put in a jar in salted water is made eggplant salad (economical) & # 8211 see the recipe here.
Many people love pumpkins, not just in summer. If in season they cost less than 1 lei per kilogram, in winter they reach 10-12 lei. Like eggplant. Many have pumpkins in the garden, grown organically, without chemicals and want to enjoy them all year round. For this reason, these canned pumpkins are made in jars, plain, in tomato juice (or broth) or compote. Exactly the same is done at pumpkin compote recipe, adding water and sugar (instead of salt). You will see below.
Zucchini is a very tender vegetable, with a high water content (over 90%), similar to cucumbers. Because it is not recommended to freeze them raw. Frozen water increases its volume and breaks the delicate tissues resulting in some stuffy things after thawing.
In the picture above you can see different varieties of zucchini, all of which are suitable for preserving in a jar. Unfortunately, our native (garden) & # 8211 light green zucchini is also the most watery of them. Long or spherical zucchini or squash (stellate) have a denser texture, less watery.
And so, in the jar, Pumpkins should not be cooked (sterilized) for more than 15-20 minutes because it softens excessively.
Depending on the preparation you want to use canned zucchini, I offer both the simple option (in salted water), the compote and the tomato juice or broth.
In a 640 ml jar can fit about 350-400 g of raw zucchini, the rest of the space being filled with liquid (water or tomato juice). I put a little salt in each jar for a more pleasant taste, respectively sugar in compote. You can multiply the recipe as needed.
Spicy squash caviar for the winter
The original recipe is reminiscent of the incredibly delicious caviar taste of childhood.
- Squashes & # 8211 6 kg
- Salt & # 8211 2 tbsp
- Carrots, onions and peppers & # 8211 1 kg
- Dried spices & # 8211 10 g
- Tomato paste & # 8211 500 gr
- Table vinegar & # 8211 150 ml
- Mayonnaise & # 8211 500 gr
- Garlic cloves & # 8211 21 pcs
- Vegetable oil & # 8211 200 ml
- Sugar & # 8211 2 tbsp. IT.
Step by step preparation of squash caviar with mayonnaise for winter:
- All vegetables are cleaned and chopped
- Put the ingredients in a saucepan and cook for about two hours on low heat
- After a specified period of time, add tomato paste and mayonnaise to the vegetables. We continue to cook for exactly 1.5 hours
- Then pour in vegetable oil, add sugar and dry spices
- Add chopped garlic cloves, mix
- After 20 minutes, pour vinegar
- After 10 minutes, remove the caviar from the stove and pour it into sterilized jars.
Pumpkin Recipes in Korean for winter with photography: pickled, canned, fried and fast food salads
Zucchini are among the most popular vegetables on Russian home-made tables. Along with a large amount of nutrients and vitamins, their main advantage is low in calories. This makes the pumpkin an indispensable dietary or therapeutic product. With the help of these fruits can be cooked many delicious, healthy meals. However, those who do not adhere to the right diet and often indulge in delicious, can also find a lot of pumpkin recipes that are sure to come to their liking.
Pumpkin for the winter in the jar & # 8211 the easiest method
I'm not much of a fan of canned vegetables for the winter. I prefer to put them in bags and freeze them. It seems to me that this way it keeps its aroma and color the best, but especially the vitamins.
I freeze diced bell peppers for soups and stews or whole for stuffing. I also freeze mashed tomatoes for sauces, peas, green beans, larch, parsley, dill, etc. I just don't like frozen pumpkins. I tried to put cubes of pumpkin for soup and after thawing they lost both texture and taste.
But as lucky as I am, last fall I received from my mother's sister a few jars of pumpkins from her garden, preserved in salted water.
I liked how the zucchini behaved in the jar over the winter. They remained crispy, they tasted, they had color, they had texture. Even the brine they were in was tasty. I also used it for soups and sauces, because I just wasn't going to throw it away.
The other day I woke up with about 2 pumpkins bought in excess of zeal for which I had no close culinary plan. So as not to let them dry in the fridge, I called my aunt to teach me how to put them on. I write down the recipe here for you, but also for me, because I will definitely want to put more. So far I have only put 2 jars and from experience I know that I do not have enough, that the winter is long, as our elders say!
Crispy Winter Zucchini & # 8211 A Delicious Recipe From My Sister
My sister is a perfect housewife. He prepares some delicious food, that's why I cross his threshold very often. In addition, every year, he puts all kinds of vegetables in the jar for the winter. Now he shared with me the recipe for crispy marinated zucchini in a jar.
- 3 kg of pumpkin, 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 bay leaf, 4 carrots, 2 allspice berries
- 5 peppercorns, dill sprigs, parsley
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt, 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon vinegar 9%
Method of preparation:
Wash the zucchini and carrots well, then cut them into long slices. In each jar we put a little parsley and dill, a bay leaf, 2 allspice berries, 5 peppercorns and 2 cloves of garlic.
Add the zucchini and carrots in jars, then add a little more dill and parsley on top. Pour boiling water into jars, cover with lids and set aside for 25 minutes.
Drain the water from the jars, then pour the boiling water back into the jars. We leave them together again for 25 minutes. We do this 3 times.
When we boil the water for the third time, we add salt and sugar in it. Let it boil, then add vinegar. Boil the water with vinegar for half a minute, then pour it into jars.
Thread the lids well, turn the jars upside down and cover them with a blanket. Let them cool. Only after they have cooled completely, we store them in a dark and cold place, preferably in the cellar or pantry.
Zucchini prepared according to this recipe are very tasty and flavorful. Good appetite and increase cooking!
Pumpkin and vegetable sauce for the winter
This sauce is similar to the red sauce for meatballs and meats (click HERE for the recipe), in addition you add grated zucchini, a little garlic and finely chopped peppers. It will fit you very well in the Christmas fast if you boil it with water instead of a soup. It is used in winter with meatballs, boiled or fried meats or the addition of two tablespoons to other dishes with sauce that you will prepare. You can boil the mixture only in water, but even more delicious is with the soup resulting from meat or vegetables that you have portioned in the freezer. I have such soup resulting from Rasol (click HERE for the recipe) or, for example, from beef salad (click HERE for the recipe)
The next day, after infusing the flavors and resting, it tastes pumpkin zacusca (click here for the pumpkin zacusca recipe), this is also because a part is mixed in a blender. This step also contributes.
Preparation time 20 minutes
Cooking time 35 minutes
& # 8211 2 medium onions
& # 8211 1 carrot
& # 8211 1 parsley root
& # 8211 6-8 fresh tomatoes or 1 tablespoon topped with tomato paste
& # 8211 1 large zucchini
& # 8211 1 bell pepper
& # 8211 1 hot pepper or 1 teaspoon grated paprika
& # 8211 2 cloves of garlic
& # 8211 salt, 1 bay leaf
& # 8211 two tablespoons oil
& # 8211 2 cups meat soup (or vegetables) or water
PREPARATION Pumpkin and vegetable sauce for the winter
1. Heat the water to a boil, turn off the heat, wash the tomatoes, grow them on top of the cross and scald them for 1 minute in hot water. You will easily peel them. Put them in a bowl after removing the hard middle. If you use tomato paste, skip this step.
2. Onions, chopped garlic, carrots and parsley, peeled washed and chopped and diced carrots (or grated carrots). In 2 tablespoons of moderately hot oil, cook them in a heavy pan together with the paprika and pepper. Make the tomatoes juice in a blender (robot or grater) and add them to the pan together with 1 bay leaf and bell pepper + hot pepper (optional) finely chopped. If you do not have fresh tomatoes, dissolve 1 tablespoon of tomato paste with 2 cups of soup or water, directly in the pan.
3. Boil the sauce with soup or water for about 15 minutes over medium heat. The sauce is blended in a blender. They used to pass it through a sieve to crush the vegetables, but it's too much work.
4. Put the sauce back in the pan with high edges and add the zucchini (if it is big cleaned of the middle with seeds & # 8211 with a spoon) grated on a grater and add salt. If you want the sauce even more spicy, add paprika and pepper in bearable quantities, according to taste. Boil for another 20 minutes or more, it should not be watery. If you cook with garden tomatoes, of course it will take longer for the sauce to drop than when you boil it with tomato paste.
5. Meanwhile, sterilize the 400 gram jars on the oven rack, lying down, empty and without a lid, at 180 degrees for 20-30 minutes. Burn the lids in hot water for 1 minute and dry them well. You can put them a little in the oven with the flame extinguished, while it is hot.
Put the sauce in jars, cover, turn upside down for 10 minutes and then put under a blanket until the next day when they cool. It is stored in cool and dry places, the ideal temperature is 5 degrees Celsius.
Liv (e) it!
- 4 kg of capsicum
- 350 ml of vinegar
- 100 ml oil
- 3-4 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- A tablespoon of mustard seeds
- A tablespoon of salt
- A tablespoon of peppercorns.
Method of preparation
Bake the peppers in the oven or on the grill, peel them and let them drain. They unfold on one side only to remove their stalks and seeds. The cleaned peppers are put in clean and sterilized jars beforehand, along with the juice that the peppers have left to drain. Put a few slices of garlic in jars.
In a saucepan put the vinegar, oil, salt, pepper and mustard seeds and let everything boil for 10 minutes. Pour the hot liquid over the baked peppers in the jar. Jars with baked peppers they are left to cool, after which they can be stored in the pantry.