I still cooked it in the wok.
How did I proceed? Very simple ..
Remove the beans from the jar, wash and drain in a strainer;
Meanwhile, I put oil, broth, finely chopped onion, and water in the wok and let it boil.
After a few minutes, add the beans and finely chopped tomatoes and bring to a boil. Then put the food in the oven for a few more minutes. Before stopping the fire, add the finely chopped parsley.
Add salt to taste.
If it is not a fasting day, it can be prepared with chicken / pork / veal.
Those who are not on a diet can add a tablespoon of sour cream, those who are on a diet can add a tablespoon of diet yogurt.
How do we make the best yellow bean dish?
For a successful yellow bean meal, we must first heat the vegetables. We don't fry them, we don't burn them, but we harden them until they soften and leave all their aroma. When the vegetables are ready, we can add the beans and then the mashed tomatoes. To thicken the sauce a little, I used a little starch. Grandma used flour, but I like starch better. You can omit it if you don't want to put it or you can put 2 tablespoons of flour. For extra flavor I added dill and parsley. You can put either just dill or just parsley. Because I wanted it to be fasting, I didn't put meat at all, but you can put chicken or even some smoked meat. I prefer not to use meat at all.
Because it is very simple and easy, this yellow bean dish can be combined with a salad, rice or even meat or fish. I like it with baked chicken legs, but also simply as such. It is perfect for the fasting period, but also when we don't know what to cook anymore. With a bag of beans and a few vegetables we get a delicious, light food that is ready in a maximum of half an hour. If you like fast food, you can try the recipe beef with Asian-style vegetables. It is another delicious dish, easy to prepare and has many Asian flavors. You can easily customize it and you can use the ingredients you have at home.
Bean Eating Ingredients:
- 500 grams of beans
- 3 large onions
- 2 carrots
- 1 parsnip root
- 300 ml. of tomato broth (or 60 grams of tomato paste diluted with water)
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 generous tablespoon of pepper paste (sweet or hot, as desired)
- 2 bay leaves
- 3-4 tablespoons of oil (I used rapeseed, go for any), pepper
- chopped green parsley for sprinkling
Preparation Bean meal & # 8211 soaking and scalding
1. Clean the beans from blackened or stained grains and any impurities. Wash well in some water and soak in cold water, one evening before moving on to the actual preparation.
2. When cooking begins, drain the beans from the water in which they were soaked and bring to a boil with fresh cold water. This first water will be thrown away after boiling for 2-3 minutes. The purpose of this operation is to reduce those unwanted "side effects". When the water starts to boil, a copious foam will form.
3. Boil the beans for 2-3 minutes, drain well of the first water and rinse with cold water in a sieve.
Cooking beans for eating beans
4. In a 4-5 liter pot, put the beans, carrots, a whole onion and parsnip. Put all the vegetables whole, but peeled and well washed. Add the bay leaves and cover everything with cold water for about 1 handful.
5. Normally, beans soaked for 10-12 hours should boil in 40-45 minutes. After this time, the degree of boiling is checked. The beans must be well tenderized, but not crushed, to keep their shape well. When it is tender, salt the beans and bring to the boil in two or three more. The pan is then set aside from the heat, the beans are strained through a sieve and the liquid is kept.
6. Peel and chop the remaining 2 onions and garlic. Fry in oil, over medium heat, in a large, large saucepan until soft.
7. When the onion becomes glassy, add the beans and about 600-700 ml to the pan. from the liquid in which it boiled.
Of course, onions can also harden in the fat left by some fried smoked ribs, in which case the food would no longer be fasting, but it would be (at least) just as delicious.
8. Add the diced carrots and parsnips, pepper paste and tomato broth.
9. If necessary, top up with liquid left over from boiling the beans, so that everything is well covered, let it boil for 3-4 minutes.
10. The food is transferred to a heat-resistant dish & # 8211 in my case, in two, because I don't have any roomy enough. Add liquid left over from boiling the beans, so that they float above the denser content of about 2 cm. Taste the sauce and add a little salt. Not to be as salty as you would like, the food will decrease and the taste could be exaggerated. We also add pepper.
Place in the preheated oven at 170 degrees for about 30 minutes. This should last until the food drops and a film forms on the surface that tends to brown. The food should not be dry, but rather juicy. Therefore, I recommend that it be carefully monitored so that it does not remain on land.
It is a delicious bean dish, it only needs some fresh bread and pickles, but gentlemen (like the lord of my heart: P) might also prefer a fried sausage, along with:
Ingredients Smoked beans
specifying that all the quantities are absolutely random, everyone can take out / add according to their own taste and according to what they have in the pantry and refrigerator.
- 600 grams of beans, cleaned, washed and soaked in water overnight
- 500 grams of smoked meat & # 8211 in my case homemade ham left overnight
- 2 onions
- carrots (2-3)
- parsley root + greens
- Bay leaves
- 3 greasy cloves of garlic
- tomato paste (broth)
- salt, pepper, paprika
Preparing Smoked Beans:
I cut the bacon from the smoked meat and kept it aside. I boiled the meat with a large chopped onion and bay leaves. I boiled the beans in boiling water, drained them and clarified them (the operation was meant to alleviate the aforementioned effects):
I added the clarified beans over the smoked meat that is already boiling:
Remove the foam and degrease the stew. When both the beans and the meat are almost cooked, add the diced vegetables:
The taste of salt matches & # 8211 I didn't add salt from the beginning, the smoked meat being salty too.
1. Fry the diced bacon a little (picture 1).
2. Drain some of the fat gathered in the bowl after frying the bacon and add the remaining onion, finely chopped (picture 2).
3. Cook the onion a little, until it becomes glassy and develops its taste, add the paprika and quench immediately with the broth and a few tablespoons of the juice from the bean pot (picture 3).
4. Add this composition to the bean pot: Continue cooking until both the meat and the beans are well done, adjust the taste with salt, pepper, add the crushed garlic (picture 4).
Eat with pleasure with red onions and hot peppers (our case) or whatever you like.
Pea beans stewed with garlic
Pea beans stewed with garlic it is one of my favorite foods, but my boy loves it too. When I was a child, I would go with my grandmother to the garden to gather pods (pastors in the dialect of the area), and I would take 2-3 carrots and a few heads of garlic from the ground.
I came back to the valley, to the summer kitchen, with the fish (aprons) full of fresh and tender vegetables.
I always forgot to tell you, when I went to the garden, I took a handful of big salt from the salt (a wooden box, with a lid, hanging on the wall, always full of coarse salt).
We harvested cucumbers, sour plums, unripe, tomatoes, and ate them like this, unwashed, just wiped off the pestle and soaked in salt.
God, what a wonderful taste they had! Taste of sun, freshness and childhood.
We really like beans and I prepare it in dozens of recipes, but I also preserve it for the winter.
I recommend you to see the recipes, you will find some incredibly tasty, simple, cheap and fast recipes.
Put in a saucepan or pan the beans, potatoes, sliced carrots, oil and a little water. Sprinkle with salt, put the lid on and leave on high heat.
After our food bean pods stewed with garlic, bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer over low heat.
This is the great secret of this dish: it is cooked over low heat, smothered in small amounts of water and oil. From time to time, add another cup of water when it drops (100-150 ml).
Tip for the best stuffed beans with garlic:
Wide pods are better for this food, not the fidelita ones, because they are more meaty.
There are housewives who boil beans in a lot of water, but the result is some beans that are fluffy, watery and without sweetness. It's not soup! & # 128577
Prepared in this way, stewed, the pod beans remain tender, slightly crunchy and with a special sweetness. Put the salt from the beginning, because in this way, it will remove the water from the pods.
My mother used to say about this food that it looks like peas made in the morning dew & # 128578 & lt3
Leave it for about 30 minutes and then check a potato and a pod, with a fork: if the fork enters the potato easily, our food is ready.
If it is not ready, leave it until it penetrates well. The total time is 30-40 minutes.
Pea beans stewed with garlic
When the vegetables are well penetrated, turn off the heat. Now add the crushed garlic, in which you add a little freshly ground pepper (take 3 fingers). Gently stir the pot so that the garlic penetrates everywhere, then cover with the lid and leave for 15 minutes, then serve.
The freshly ground pepper added at the end is a simple trick, but it will give a special flavor.
This food is wonderful hot or cold, with hot polenta or bread. We like hot polenta.
Do you think I'm leaving out any steak for this food?
If you want, you can add a little dill on top, but there is no need. This food is extremely fragrant bean pods, as simple and cheap as it is delicious.
Does it still make sense to tell you how happy my brother and cousins were when we ate this food? Grandma always praises us, she said that this food is so tasty because it was made by our little hands & # 128578
And she hugged us to her chest and kissed our chubby and flushed hands and cheeks. We can't wait for our grandmother to cook for us
We help her gather the vegetables and greens from the garden and then clean them. But Grandma used to tell everyone that we cooked food. How proud I was! & # 128512 & lt3
God bless you, Grandma, how long you will live! As only mats we have left & lt3 & lt3
We really like beans, peas of any kind, broad beans or fidelita and I cook it in many ways. More recipes with beans beans & ndash see here . You will find different foods, preserves, soups, salads & hellip
If you like this recipe and share it on social networks, thank you. You can subscribe below, in comments, if you want to receive by email what new recipes I post.
Readers of the blog Pofta Buna! tried the recipe for stewed garlic pods:
Benefits of using beans
In gastronomy! Basal beans are very nutritious, rich in protein, carbohydrates, iron, potassium, calcium, phosphorus, copper, nickel, cobalt and vitamins (B1, B2 and B3). Beans are used in human nutrition, in the preparation of certain recipes: soups, beaten beans, bean stew and others. Bean foods, as recommended by Dr. George Pamplona-Roger, are indicated for constipation and the prevention of colon cancer (due to high cellulose content), hypertension (due to low sodium and high potassium content), anemia and convalescence (due to the high iron content 10, 4 mg / 100 g).
In phytotherapy! Of greater importance are green and dried pods, which are strongly remineralizing for the body (due to the content of silicic acid). Seedless pods - Fructus Phaseoli sine seminibus - have a rich content in amino acids (arginine, asparagine, tyrosine, tryptophan), vitamin C, minerals, due to which they have diuretic and antidiabetic properties. Shredded bean pod tea increases the amount of urine, removes excess water from the body and is beneficial in states of dropsy (fluid in the abdominal cavity and tissues), in diseases of the kidneys and bladder, even in heart disease, due to the elimination of excess water from the body. A cure for bean pod tea helps to heal skin rashes and improve rheumatic conditions, by eliminating toxins from the body, being beneficial even in diabetes.
In bladder diseases (in cystitis) - soothes pain, normalizing urination. Bean pod tea is dietary and anti-rheumatic. How to prepare bean pod tea: a tablespoon of bean pods in 1 liter of water, boil for 10 - 15 minutes. Drink 2-3 cups a day, and in case of diabetes drink unsweetened.
Ingredients Eating green bean pods with pork:
- 750 grams of bone-in pork (as far as possible defatted and the bone not exceeding 35% of the total) or 500 grams of diced boneless pork (leg, leg)
- 750 grams of green beans frozen pods or 1 kg. fresh green beans
- 150 grams of diced onions
- 3 cloves of crushed garlic
- 100 grams of carrots (if they are ripe, cut into cubes, if they are very raw they can be left whole or cut lengthwise, into quarters, etc.)
- 30 grams diced celery
- 1 medium-sized diced red pepper (a kapia I used)
- 350 grams of fresh roasted and peeled tomatoes or 2-3 canned tomatoes + 3-4 tablespoons of broth
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- optional: 1 liter of chicken or vegetable soup
- favorite greens (I used green parsley, you can use dill if you prefer)
- optional: 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and pepper
Before moving on to the preparation steps (very simple, by the way) I want to make a few clarifications:
- soup: any food whose liquid base will be a meat (or even vegetable) soup will have a different quality than one in which only water is added. The soup is about the care and love I mentioned in the introduction. So, it can be done with water, the food will be good but with soup it will be even better.
- if you use very young carrots, I recommend that you blanch them for 2 minutes in boiling water and then soak them in ice water, adding them to the food only at the end. If you use ripe carrots, cut them into suitable cubes and put them in the food together with the onion.
- frozen green beans are already blanched. If you use fresh pods, I recommend that you subject them to the same thermal shock (bleaching) procedure that I recommended for carrots, in order to keep their beautiful color.
Preparation Eating green bean pods with pork:
1. Heat the oil in a deep, wide pan or saucepan and quickly brown the meat on all sides.
2. Remove the browned meat in a bowl and keep warm. In the remaining fat in the pan add the onion, celery, pepper, 2 of the garlic cloves. Now add the diced carrots, if you use the ripe ones. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and reduce the heat. Fry the vegetables until they start to soften. Add the meat on top of them, along with the juice he left in the bowl (pictured left). Add the bay leaf and hot soup (or water). Cover with a lid, reduce the heat to low and simmer until the meat is tender. If necessary, add a little more hot water.
3. After the meat has tenderized, remove it to a mincer and allow it to cool before deboning. Obviously, if you use boneless meat, you don't have to do that anymore. Add the green beans to the remaining liquid. If you use fried young carrots, now is the time to add them to the green bean meal. Only if absolutely necessary, add more hot water.
After the food boils, add the diced tomatoes (pictured above, right). Let it boil over the right heat, without a lid, until the green beans have tenderized without being extremely cooked and have come to a halt. Then add salt and pepper to taste and the 3rd clove of crushed garlic. Add the boned meat cut into cubes and bring everything to a boil. If you want a thicker sauce, you can add 1 tablespoon grated cornstarch dissolved in 2-3 tablespoons of cold water.
4. Sprinkle our green bean meal with green beans and serve hot. I also made a little polenta in which I incorporated a drop of butter and arranged the food on top of it. It was wonderful, the polenta absorbed the so tasty sauce of the food.
As lunch time approaches, if you start now you will finish at exactly the right time to enjoy this meaty green bean dish with your loved ones. Great appetite and good work!
Ingredients Beans pods with garlic and tomatoes & # 8211
- 800 grams of green kidney beans, tender
- 2 large, fleshy tomatoes, scalded and peeled or 400 ml. fresh tomato paste
- 1 large bell pepper (170 grams had mine)
- 4-6 cloves of garlic (depending on how big they are)
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 bunch of chopped green parsley
- 1 teaspoon good quality sweet paprika and pepper (multicolored)
How to Make Beans Pods with Garlic and Tomatoes & # 8211 ”Ai Pods”
Preparation of ingredients
1. Choose green beans. Wash well in cold water. Drain and break the ends. I prefer to break only the end with the petiole (tail) that clings to the plant. The other end is fragile, in addition I find it very beautiful. While I am cleaning the beans, I cook the peppers in an old pan on the stove. I then wrap it in aluminum foil so that it perspires well and I can peel it easily.
2. On the fire, put a large pot with 3-4 liters of water. Add, when it starts to boil, 1 tablespoon grated salt and bay leaves. Next to the stove, I stick a large bowl of very cold water in which I put some ice cubes. I put all the cleaned beans in the pot with boiling water. Boil it until it starts to freeze. Depending on how tender the bean itself is, it can take more or less to cook. Last time I kept it on the fire for only 4 minutes, but it may take 15 minutes.
After it has set, I take the beans out of the boiling water with a large whisk and dip them directly in the ice water. This process is called "blanching" and has the role of suddenly stopping the cooking of vegetables. Thus treated, they will retain their natural color and shape even if they are cooked until 15 minutes later.
3. Put the oil in a large pan or saucepan. When it is cold, add half of the crushed garlic and the finely chopped baked pepper, peeled and seeded. Put the pan on the fire and heat gradually, stirring constantly, until it sizzles well.
4. Add the paprika and immediately, the peeled tomatoes (or passata). Bring the sauce to a boil, over medium heat, and taste the salt and pepper.
5. Add the well drained green beans. Make the fire a little bigger. After it starts to boil again, reduce the heat to medium and cook the beans for another 4-5 minutes, turning them well in the sauce several times. Crush the remaining garlic and mix with 2-3 tablespoons of cold water, preparing a mujdei. At the very end, strain this mujdei over the beans through a sieve. Stir gently (so as not to break the tender pods). Taste salt and pepper, seasoning to taste. Sprinkle with chopped green parsley and the bean paste with garlic and tomatoes is ready!
This bean curd with garlic and tomatoes works great as a side dish. As well, it works as a dish in itself. All the more so in the summer, when most of us prefer to feed on the gifts of the earth. It would be a greater sin not to take advantage of them now, while they are in high season. I wish you great appetite and I hope you liked the story, but also today's recipe.
Green beans with garlic and dill & # 8211 beans beans, sheaths or low beans
I like bean pods of all colors, either green or yellow and in all its forms of preparation. It is actually called green beans, in the sense that it is not dry beans, even if the pods are yellow.
What do I cook with green beans? I cook it often, but somehow, I always repeat the same recipes. I like to cook simple green beans, with few spices because it doesn't even need too many flavors, it's very tasty anyway.
There are dishes that I make in the summer with fresh green beans, and in the winter I make them exactly the same using the pods put in the freezer or preserved in a jar.
During fasting periods, for example, I make an absolutely great green bean soup with lentils (recipe here)!
In the summer we make the stewed pods that I show you today or the bean pod with fresh tomatoes (the recipe here) to which, if I happen to have, I also put some green crocodiles to be a little sour.
For today's recipe, I cooked the pods in a multicooker. Don't worry, they can be made in exactly the same way in any pan on the stove. Being very hot during this period, I use the multicooker a lot because I take it out on the balcony and leave it there alone to do its job.
This appliance helps me a lot both in summer, because I no longer make heat and steam in the house, and in winter when I no longer have to keep the windows open when cooking. I talked more about what to expect and what not to expect from a multicooker to the sausage lentil recipe (click here).
The model that I have and that I am very happy with, is this one from Heinner (click on the link). It has an acceptable price and in my opinion it is worth every penny for how much it makes my life in the kitchen easier.
Green bean meal & # 8211 the simplest recipe
Green beans are rich in protein, vitamins and carbohydrates. Regular consumption, whether you choose to eat soup or green bean meal, will have beneficial effects on the body. Below we tell you the recipe for eating beans. A few steps for a delicious lunch!
Green bean meal & # 8211 tasty recipe
Green bean pods can be easily prepared for a delicious lunch. Below we tell you the simple recipe for eating green beans.
The meat is washed, peeled and chopped, and the onion and garlic are finely chopped. In a saucepan, sauté the onion and garlic. When the onion becomes glassy, add the minced meat and fry together.
The wine folded with water is poured over the minced meat, stirred and simmered for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. The beans are passed through a stream of cold water and poured over the hardened meat. Season with salt and pepper and continue to boil. After 15 minutes, add the diced tomatoes and tomato juice.
The green bean dish is left on the fire only until the sauce starts to drop and it is flavored with green parsley.