- Meat and poultry
- Popular chicken
- Easy chicken
- Quick chicken
This is my version of a classic French recipe that I have adapted for quick and easy preparation. You may wish to adjust the quantity of tarragon to taste.
130 people made this
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- small handful chopped fresh tarragon
- small handful chopped fresh basil
- 2 to 3 sprigs thyme, stems removed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast fillets
- 225ml (8 fl oz) white wine
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:20min ›Ready in:30min
- In a small bowl, blend Dijon and honey. Mix in the tarragon, basil, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Place chicken in the frying pan, and brush on both sides with the Dijon mustard mixture. Pour 1/3 of the wine around the chicken. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer about 10 minutes, until liquid is reduced.
- Pour another 1/3 of the wine around the chicken, and continue to cook about 5 minutes, until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear. Remove from heat, reserving remaining liquid.
- Mix remaining wine into the frying pan. Increase heat to medium, and scrape up browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Cook and stir until liquid is reduced by about 1/3. Serve as a sauce over the chicken.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(115)
Reviews in English (88)
Lovely dish and very simple to make-02 Apr 2012
This recipe was so easy and sooooo delicious. The end result was like a dish you would order in a restaurant.-27 Feb 2011
Very nice. I may try it in the slow cooker next time to get the chicken nice and tender but this recipe is fantastic as is.-05 Sep 2012