- Meat and poultry
- Popular chicken
- Chicken sandwiches
This is easy to transport and a meal in itself. Will make any picnic or al fresco dining a joy! To save time, you could equally use ready prepared roast peppers and onions from the deli counter.
London, England, UK
2 people made this
- 1 red pepper, cut into 1cm strips
- 1 yellow pepper, cut into 1 cm strips
- 2 large red onions, peeled and cut into 10 wedges each
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large round crusty loaf
- 100g Rannoch Smokery® Smoked Chicken
- 100g Rannoch Smokery® Cold Smoked Beef
- 240g sunblush tomatoes, sliced
- 1 smoked brie
- 150g chargilled aubergines
- 1 handful baby spinach leaves
- 1 small bunch basil leaves
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:40min ›Extra time:30min resting › Ready in:1hr20min
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Mix the peppers and onion wedges with the olive oil and some seasoning then place on a baking tray.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Cut the top from the loaf and scoop out all the insides to leave a 1 ½ - 2cm crust all round the inside of the loaf.
- Layer up all the ingredients inside the crust packing them down as you go until the loaf is filled. Replace the lid and wrap the whole loaf tightly in cling film. Leave for 30 minutes.
- Serve cut into wedges or place in the fridge until ready to serve.
Recipe devised by Rannoch Smokery, Scotland’s specialist meat and game smoker.