- Dish type
- Biscuits and cookies
A very easy flapjack recipe, I made it myself! It is a really simple and tasty recipe! You will need to freeze the chocolate beforehand for as long as desired. My favourite is banana and milk chocolate, you may need to freeze the banana beforehand as it will go mushy when it has been cooked! Please enjoy this and comment! The picture is flapjack made with 250g of sultanas.
Norfolk, England, UK
10 people made this
IngredientsMakes: 24 flapjacks, approx 5cm by 5cm
- 200g chocolate of your choice, frozen and chopped into approx 2cm by 2cm cubes
- 200g fruit of your choice (freeze banana beforehand if using)
- 200g golden syrup
- 170g butter or margarine
- 60g sugar, white or brown sugar (caster sugar would be best)
- 450g porridge oats
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:30min ›Extra time:1hr freezing › Ready in:1hr40min
- Chop and freeze chocolate and banana if using for approx 60 minutes (optional).
- Preheat fan oven to 160 C / Gas 3. Place foil onto an oven tray and grease.
- Place the golden syrup, butter or margarine and sugar in the saucepan and heat gently until butter/margarine has melted.
- Stir in porridge oats a little at a time, followed by fruit and chocolate. Spoon mixture into the tray and flatten down.
- Bake in the preheated oven on the middle shelf for 30 minutes.
- Once the flapjack has cooked, cut into 24 squares immediately, and leave in th tray to cool.
- Once flapjack has completely cooled, place them in a suitable container and store at room temperature.
- Enjoy! :)
Try adding 100g of nuts and 100g of sultanas to the plain flapjack mix. they are perfect if you are out cycling or running and need some energy.