- Dish type
Poached egg on toast, here made with my own chickens' eggs, Dotty and Dawn. I like to have Tabasco on my eggs and lots of white pepper.
Cheshire, England, UK
13 people made this
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 slices bread
- 2 eggs
- 10g butter
- 1 salt and ground black pepper
MethodPrep:2min ›Cook:5min ›Ready in:7min
- Gather your ingredients together, this is a quick recipe but timing is essential.
- Boil up a pan of water and add the cider vinegar and the teaspoon salt to the water.
- Put your bread in the toaster.
- When the water is boiling, stir it round so it is turning in the pan.
- Crack the eggs and add them to the water, take care not to burst the yolk. Boil the eggs for around 3 minutes.
- When the toast pops butter it. Make sure you get it into all the corners.
- Remove the eggs from the water when the white is firm but the yolk is still soft.
- Put the eggs on your toast and add some salt and pepper. Enjoy