- Popular collections
- Everyday cooking
- Quick and easy
If you love cheese and need some comfort food this is definitely what you need! Serve with ketchup or your choice of condiment.
Gloucestershire, England, UK
2 people made this
- 2 slices bread (preferably white)
- cheese (however much you want, and whatever type)
MethodPrep:5min ›Cook:8min ›Ready in:13min
- Prepare a sandwich like normal, butter the slices of bread and add in your cheese. My favourite is mozzarella and Cheddar, the stringiness of the mozzarella with the taste of the Cheddar. But you can use ANY you want! Don't make it TOO full otherwise the cheese might fall out.
- Squash down the sandwich and butter both the outside slices of the bread, top and bottom.
- Begin to heat a pan, once hot add the cheese sandwich and press down, cooking for around 4 minutes each side or until both sides are nice and brown.
Make it healthier
If you do want to make it healthier a cheese toastie is almost the same, just not as fatty (but we all like a bit of fatty every now and then) And you could always add a bit of salad.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(1)
Reviews in English (1)
Perfect, simple and so YUMMY! I used Gruyere and cheddar. Thanks for sharing.-22 Jan 2015