- Meat and poultry
- Slow cooker beef
Tonight's dish is a simple to prepare Japanese meal. It is served with a bowl of rice and miso soup.
Hampshire, England, UK
5 people made this
- 750ml miso soup
- 100ml Japanese soy sauce
- 1½ tablespoons mirin
- 400g small new potatoes, cut in half
- 1 onion, cut into 8 wedges and separated
- 3 carrots, peeled and cut into 15mm thick pieces
- 500g sirloin beef, cut into thin strips
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:2hr ›Ready in:2hr10min
- Add everything except the beef to the inner pot. Bring to the boil.
- Add the beef and bring back to the boil and skim off any scum that forms on the surface.
- Turn off the heat and put the inner pot, with its lid on, into the insulated outer container.
- Shut the lid and leave to thermal slow cook without power for 2 to 3 hours.
- Serve with rice cooked in the top pot if you have one. If you don’t have a top pot, cook the rice separately.