- Dish type
- Vegetable salad
- Beetroot salad
This is a delightfully simple salad, yet so sophisticated and flavourful. I sometimes even use the spreadable kind.
Greater London, England, UK
65 people made this
IngredientsMakes: 4 starter-sized portions
- 6 beetroots, boiled and peeled
- 60g whole walnuts, toasted
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon good quality balsamic vinegar
- 1 pinch dried oregano
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 75g soft goat cheese
MethodPrep:10min ›Ready in:10min
- Dice the beetroot into 2cm chunks and place in a bowl with the walnuts, olive oil, vinegar, oregano, salt and pepper. Give it a good stir.
- To serve, spoon salad on to serving plates and dot with the goat cheese.
To toast your own walnuts, simply heat a dry frying pan over medium heat. Add the walnuts and toast until lightly browned, about 3 to 5 minutes. Watch them closely so they don't burn!