- Dish type
Roasted butternut squash and halloumi salad with pine nuts, beans and couscous or lentils. Super easy and cheap.
Surrey, England, UK
15 people made this
- 1 good sized butternut squash
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 pack lentils or couscous
- 1/2 pack runner beans, halved
- 1 handful pine kernels
- 1 pack halloumi (light or normal depending on desire!)
- honey and mustard dressing to taste
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:30min ›Extra time:10min cooling › Ready in:50min
- Preheat the oven to 190 C / Gas 5. Peel and chop butternut squash into bite size chunks (not too thick) and coat in olive oil then season with salt and pepper.
- Roast in the preheated oven until tender, about 20 minutes. Prepare couscous and boil beans for several minutes.
- Roast pine nuts for 2 minutes and fry your halloumi until browned. I have an AGA and like to do this on the hob using my non-stick magic AGA paper.
- Allow all ingredients to cool then add them to the couscous and add a home-made dressing of oil, honey and mustard.
Don't be afraid to try different dressings or veggies with this salad. It's really versatile! i.e. season veg like asparagus is a nice alternative to the beans.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(4)
Reviews in English (4)
So yummy! A big fan of halloumi and root vegetables! Wouldn't change a thing-30 Mar 2011
Very enjoyable. Went with the Cous Cous.-09 Nov 2017
Ok recipe. Instructions were fine and easy to follow. All the separate ingredients were lovely, but just not sure about it all mixed together. Personal preference maybe.-19 Nov 2013