We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Meat and poultry
- Cuts of chicken
- Chicken leg
These sweet marinated chicken drumsticks are so easy to make and our kids love to help making them, then demolish the cooked chicken when its made.
Yorkshire, England, UK
20 people made this
- 2 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons runny honey
- 2 tabespoons white wine
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 1 teaspoon onion granules (or quarter fresh onion, chopped finely)
- 1 clove garlic, chopped finely and mashed
- 1 teaspoon Steenbergs® Southern Fried Chicken Seasoning (optional)
- 1 teaspoon grainy mustard
- 10 free range chicken drumsticks
MethodPrep:1hr ›Cook:30min ›Ready in:1hr30min
- Put all the marinade ingredients together in mixing bowl and whisk together.
- Cut a couple of slices into each of the chicken drumsticks and place onto a roasting tin. Drizzle the marinade over each of the chicken drumsticks and twist them through the barbecue marinade. Cover and then put into the refrigerator for 1 hour to let the flavours infuse through the chicken drumsticks; if you remember, twist them through the barbecue marinade part way through the marinating time.
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Roast for 30 minutes; try and twist the drumsticks after about 20 minutes. If barbecuing, cook for 20 minutes in the oven then brown off over the barbecue.
- Serve immediately, or cool completely and eat as picnic food or in a packed lunch.
Make extra drumsticks and then eat the rest cold in packed lunches.
Check out our BBQ how-to guides and videos for easy tips on how to BBQ to perfection!
See it on my blog
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(4)
Reviews in English (4)
This was a big hit. I used chicken legs not drumsticks but cooked up lovely. I didn't have any grainy mustard so just used classic English mustard instead-06 Sep 2016
It was delicious, maybe not as crunchy as I would like but my husband and daughter loved it!-08 Apr 2014
I had some leftover drumsticks to use up so quickly marinated in this recipe overnight. Popped them in the oven for lunch and they were great. I didn't have onion granules only garlic granules, so I left out the garlic and just added the granules I had. My husband thought they were amazing! Will make again for BBQ's in the summer...if we get one!?-17 Feb 2013