- Dish type
- Pies and tarts
- Sweet pies and tarts
- Pumpkin pie
This is my take on the classic American recipe for pumpkin pie, i.e, America via North Yorkshire. Serve with cream.
Yorkshire, England, UK
1 person made this
- 375g shortcrust pastry
- 3 medium eggs
- 195g caster sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 teaspoons Steenbergs® Pumpkin Pie Mix
- 425g pureed pumpkin
- 335ml evapourated milk
MethodPrep:15min ›Cook:55min ›Extra time:2hr cooling › Ready in:3hr10min
- Preheat the oven to 200 C / Gas 6.
- Roll out pastry and use it to line a 23cm round pie dish to about 3mm thick. Blind bake for 10 minutes.
- Mix up the filling. Whisk eggs lightly in a mixing bowl. Add one at a time - caster sugar, sea salt, Steenbergs Pumpkin Pie mix, pumpkin puree and evapourated milk. Give it a good whisk after adding each ingredient, making sure it's all been mixed through thoroughly.
- Reduce the temperature of the oven to 170 C / Gas 3. Take the part-baked pastry from the oven and pour in the filling.
- Return to the oven and bake for about 45 minutes, or until the filling has set - if you insert a skewer into the centre of the pumpkin pie filling, it should come out clean. Allow to cool completely.
To be more indulgent, add a tablespoon of Jack Daniels to the filling mix.