We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
- Classic cakes
I do something different every time with this basic sponge cake recipe. The possibilities for this recipe are endless!
36 people made this
- 80g soft butter or margarine
- 200g sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 350g flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 50g ground hazelnuts or almonds
- 1 pinch of salt
- 100g raisins (optional)
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:50min ›Ready in:1hr
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Grease a silicone cake mould well (even the inner rim) and sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
- Beat butter or margarine and sugar with a whisk or mixer until fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Mix in the flour, baking powder, ground nuts and salt. Fold in the raisins (if using). Spread the cake mixture evenly in the mould.
- Bake the cake in the preheated oven for 45-50 minutes. When a skewer inserted in the centre of the cake comes out clean, the cake is ready.
- Allow the cake to cool slightly and then allow it to cool completely on a wire rack. Dust with icing sugar to serve, if desired.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(5)
Reviews in English (2)
I used this recipe for the first time today, baking a cake for my mother in law's birthday. I cant wait to get the feedback from her. I added choc chips as she's celebrating her birthday with her grandchildren and I know they love choc chips.-23 May 2014
are you using castor sugar?-03 Mar 2018