- Dish type
- Fruit desserts
- Lemon desserts
I love lemon! These lemon slices are super juicy. The use of fresh lemon juice (or lime juice as a substitute), however, is a must!
13 people made this
- 200g plain flour
- 30g icing sugar
- 150g cold butter
- 6 eggs
- 575g sugar
- zest of 1 lemon
- 250ml fresh lemon juice
- 75g plain flour, sifted
MethodPrep:15min ›Cook:1hr5min ›Ready in:1hr20min
- Preheat oven to 160 C / Gas 3.
- Place 200g flour, icing sugar and butter into a food processor and process to fine crumbs. Using a dough scraper, scrape the mixture from the edge bottom of the processor so that everything is evenly mixed.
- Spread the mixture into a rectangular glass baking dish, pushing the mixture up 2cm at the edge of the dish. Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Meanwhile, beat eggs, sugar, lemon zest and lemon juice together with an electric hand mixer until fluffy. Sift 75g flour into the mixture (it really must be sifted as it really cannot be allowed to clump!) and beat again for 1 minute.
- Take the base out of the oven and allow to cool slightly. Reduce temperature of oven to 150 C / Gas 2.
- Pour the lemon filling over the base and bake for 35 minutes. Cool completely before cutting. Refrigerate for best results.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(10)
Reviews in English (2)
I love this recipe, it has a great citrus taste that isn't too tangy. It is a very large recipe and I halved the ingredients and it worked just fine. A new favourite!-01 Sep 2012
Had heaps of lemons and plenty of eggs. This slice fit the bill to use them up. Turned out great. Used normal sugar instead of icing sugar as I didn't have any.Thanks for sharing.-11 Oct 2013(Review from this site AU | NZ)