- Dish type
- Nut and seed cakes
- Hazelnut cake
This moist cherry cake is made with plain chocolate and ground hazelnuts.
4 people made this
- 125g butter or margarine
- 250g caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 125g plain flour
- 125g ground hazelnuts
- 100g plain chocolate, grated
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 (425g) tin pitted black cherries in syrup, drained
MethodPrep:15min ›Cook:50min ›Ready in:1hr5min
- Preheat the oven to 175 C / Gas 3-4. Grease a springform cake tin.
- Beat the butter until light and fluffy, then beat in the sugar. Gradually mix in the remaining ingredients, except the cherries. Pour into the prepared cake tin.
- Spread cherries evenly over the mixture and press lightly.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean, about 50 to 60 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool.