- Dish type
- Side dish
- Marinades for prawns
These prawn skewers are deliciously sweet and spicy. You can cook these kebabs in the oven or on the barbecue.
6 people made this
- 100ml orange juice
- juice of 2 limes
- 2 tablespoons dark brown soft sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 500g large prawns
- 350g fresh pineapple, diced
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:12min ›Ready in:22min
- Mix orange juice, lime juice, brown sugar, spices, salt and pepper. Mix with the prawns in a sealable container and preferably marinate overnight.
- Remove the prawns from the marinade. Put them onto skewers, alternating with the pineapple chunks.
- Barbecue or bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes until the prawns are pink and the pineapple browned, turning once and brush with the marinade several times.
Check out our BBQ how-to guides and videos for easy tips on how to BBQ to perfection!