- Dish type
- Vegetable salad
A simple pepper salad with onions and a dressing of oil and vinegar. This makes a lovely summertime side dish.
4 people made this
- 3 peppers, halved, seeds removed and cut into thin slices
- 1/4 onion, thinly sliced
- For the dressing
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- black pepper to taste
MethodPrep:5min ›Cook:45min ›Extra time:30min marinating › Ready in:1hr20min
- Put the peppers and onion slices in a bowl.
- Mix the vinegar, oil, salt, sugar and pepper into a dressing and pour over the peppers. Marinate for 30-60 minutes before serving to allow the flavours to infuse.