- Dish type
- Lemon cheesecake
To save a lot of washing up I line the pie dish with aluminium foil, enough that it goes over the sides. With this you can also lift the cheesecake out of the dish, making it a lot easier to cut than when it's in the dish. This takes about 8 hours to set so I recommend making it in the morning or the night before.
29 people made this
- 1 packet rich tea biscuits, crushed
- 50g butter, melted
- grated zest of 3 lemons
- 125g cream cheese, softened
- 1 (397g) tin condensed sweetened milk
- 125ml lemon juice
MethodPrep:30min ›Ready in:30min
- Crush the biscuits by putting them in some greaseproof paper and going over it with a rolling pin. (DO NOT do this in a food processor or the pieces are too fine and the base becomes powdery.)
- Add the melted butter and 1 teaspoon of the lemon zest, and mix.
- Line a 23cm pie dish with the mixture, remembering to spread it up the sides. Place dish in the fridge while you make the filling.
- Put the cream cheese in a large bowl and microwave for about 30 seconds. Stir and add the tin of condensed milk, the lemon juice and remaining zest. Add one at a time, stirring after each addition.
- Spoon this mixture over the base and place it back in the fridge to set.
Substitute the lemon
If you don't like the taste of a lot of lemon, substitute some orange juice as well as the lemon, and put a little orange zest in with the lemon.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(11)
Reviews in English (13)
Thank you, i didn't print this recipe off at first as i found two others but when i tasted the mixture it wasn't lemony enough and i like tarty lemon, unfortunately i had followed most of the other recipe but wish i had tried it this way as it seems much more easier. I shall make this one next time and give a better review.-16 May 2012
Altered ingredient amounts.I'm not sure why but my base was too dry so I had to add quite a lot more butter (maybe 75g all up). I also added a teaspoon of lemon juce to the base, very yummy :-)-13 Aug 2010(Review from this site AU | NZ)
by this site
If you cannot get Vanilla Wine Biscuits you can use Marie Biscuits or plain Digestive Biscuits to make the base of this cheesecake.-08 Jun 2010(Review from this site AU | NZ)