- Dish type
- Buttermilk pancakes
This pancake recipe was handed down to me by my Great Aunt Clara of Denver, Colorado. The only instruction apart from the ingredients list was, "keeps well in a sealed jar". The main thing to remember when making these pancakes is: don't overmix!! You should always have lumps in the batter.
28 people made this
- 500ml buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 250g plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 dessertspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
MethodPrep:5min ›Cook:5min ›Ready in:10min
- Whisk together first three ingredients in large bowl. Add dry ingredients, sifting if necessary. Stir in just until combined, leaving batter lumpy.
- Cook over medium high heat in a buttered frying pan, turning when bubbles begin to appear on the surface of the pancakes. Serve with butter and maple syrup.
A nice accompaniment would be bacon and fresh or tinned fruit. And definitely coffee!!!
Forget flops with our collection of Pancake videos! We'll show you how to make everything from traditional pancakes to savoury crepes, and more. Watch now!