- Diet & lifestyle
- Vegetarian meals
A fabulous way to introduce yourself to quinoa. It's easy as to use, tastes great and good for vegetarians and vegans as it's high protein. Also gluten-free.
10 people made this
- 170g quinoa
- 625ml water
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- olive oil for frying
- 1 large clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 bag spinach
- salt to taste
- 100g grated Cheddar cheese
MethodPrep:15min ›Cook:30min ›Ready in:45min
- Rinse the quinoa. Bring the water and stock cube to the boil in a medium pot and add the quinoa; cook for about 15 minutes or untill fluffy. There should be about 125ml water left in the pot.
- While this is cooking, heat some oil in a frying pan over medium heat and add the garlic. Cook for a minute or two then stir in the spinach. Cook till reduced and mostly wilted, about 5 minutes.
- Mix the quinoa and spinach mix together. Press it all into a baking dish and sprinkle the cheese over the top. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180 C / Gas 4 for about 30 minutes until the cheese is melted and the flavours have combined.
You could endlessly vary this dish using whatever you have on hand and using different cheese too, or make it vegan and have no cheese. You don't even really have to bake it - it's pretty well good to go after you've mixed everything together.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(5)
Reviews in English (7)
I added an onion, extra garlic, stick of celery, 200g quinoa instead of 170g to this recipe, and a pepper for flavour and colour. It was v straighforward to make and really delicious. My children loved it more than I thought they would, they both asked for 3 plates of dinner each! I really enjoyed making this and it made plenty for 4 of us its healthy and fairly cheap to make. The quinoa cost £1.30 for 300g in Lidl-26 Mar 2018
I really like this. It's so simple to make and very tasty.-19 Nov 2013
I thought this recipe would be boring. I only made it for a healthy choice and different that my normal steamed vege. When the smell of the garlic was mixed with the warm quinoa (I boiled it in homemade chicken masterstock) it was amazing! My mouth actually watered over a simple grain! I mixed with brocollini, capsicum and Gruyere. Everyone came back for seconds and thirds. Such an easy recipe and I will be making it again-06 Aug 2010(Review from this site AU | NZ)