- Dish type
- Main course
- Squash risotto
- Courgette risotto
This novel take on risotto is one of my husband's favourite dishes. If you don't want the heat, use a regular pork sausage.
10 people made this
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 fresh chorizo sausage, chopped
- handful of pitted Kalamata olives
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 180g arborio rice
- 375ml chicken stock or water
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 185g tin tuna packed in spring water
- 3-4 small courgettes, thinly sliced
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- grated Parmesan cheese, for serving (optional)
MethodPrep:15min ›Cook:30min ›Ready in:45min
- Preheat the oven to 200 C / Gas 6.
- Heat a three-litre ovenproof casserole (with a lid) over a medium heat. Add the olive oil, onion, sausage, garlic and sea salt and stir for five minutes, or until the onion is soft and translucent.
- Add the rice to the dish and stir for another minute. Add the stock or water and the chopped tomatoes and bring to simmering point. Stir in the tuna, courgette and season with black pepper.
- Cover the dish and bake the risotto in the pre-heated oven for thirty minutes, or until the rice is cooked. Stir in the olives.
- Scatter parsley over the top, sprinkle with grated Parmesan if desired, and serve in the dish.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(3)
Reviews in English (2)
Amazing! Delicious. Super tasty. Very quick and easy. Thank you for posting this recipe. I followed recipe to the letter and would not change a thing.-09 Dec 2011(Review from this site AU | NZ)
I've always steered clear of baked risottos but I liked the ingredients in this and tried it and it's great. Very tasty and satisfying. Plus...no complaints from any eaters!-03 Mar 2009(Review from this site AU | NZ)