- Dish type
- Biscuits and cookies
This is a recipe for a biscuit mixture which is kept in the fridge and baked as needed. One-quarter of the mixture makes 24 small biscuits.
7 people made this
IngredientsMakes: 96 biscuits
- 500g plain flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 60g dried powdered milk
- 220g dark brown soft sugar
- 250g butter
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:10min ›Ready in:20min
- Sift flour, baking powder, bicarb, salt, cinnamon and powdered milk together, then add dark brown soft sugar. Rub in butter till the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Store the biscuit dough in sealed container in the fridge till needed.
- To make biscuits: Mix together 1/4 of this mixture with 60ml cold water and extra ingredients as desired (see footnotes).
- Drop in teaspoonfuls onto a greased baking tray, and slightly flatten with a fork.
- Bake in a 200 C / Gas 6 oven for 10 to 15 minutes.
To make orange biscuits, Use orange juice instead of the cold water.
Choc. Chip Biscuits:
Mix 1/4 of the mixture; 75ml cold water; 75g chocolate chips; 60g chopped nuts.
Banana and nut biscuits
Mix 1/4 of the mixture with 1 tablespoon milk, 1 mashed banana, and 120g chopped nuts.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(3)
Reviews in English (3)
I love these biscuits! so versatile and having the mixture ready in the fridge means they can be ready in no time at all. I make the mixture at the weekend and then make biscuits throughout the week.-19 Jul 2010(Review from this site AU | NZ)
The hardest thing about this recipe is deciding what to add to the biscuit base, because the choice is endless. We usually do the chopped nuts and choc chips. We can have fresh biscuits ready within 15 min (prep and cooking) if visitors arrive and we have nothing to serve them.-10 Nov 2012(Review from this site AU | NZ)
these are good and enjoyed by the family. I love that by rubbing the butter in, all they need is some liquid - no creaming required! yah. great for whipping up quickly. I made choc chip with orange zest! super good. Next time I will blast it in the food processor rather than rub in the butter-16 Sep 2012(Review from this site AU | NZ)