- Dish type
- Sponge cake
- Swiss roll
This pavlova recipe is easy and can be made within an hour. People are so impressed by it because it is delicious and looks great.
20 people made this
- 4 egg whites
- 150g caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- cream and fruit for decoration
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:15min ›Extra time:25min › Ready in:50min
- Preheat oven to 150 C / Gas 2. Grease and line a Swiss roll tin.
- Whisk egg whites until stiff, gradually whisk in sugar, beat well. Fold in cornflour, vinegar and vanilla. Spread mixture in prepared swiss roll tin.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 150 C / Gas 2.
- Remove from oven and allow to go cold in tin. It will shrink down when cooling. When cold turn onto a piece of sugared paper and remove the baking parchment from the pavlova.
- Spread with whipped cream, sliced strawberries, sliced bananas any fruit of your choice. Roll up like a Swiss roll. Top can be sprinkled with caster sugar or grated chocolate.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(7)
Reviews in English (10)
My tips are not to use a lamington tin, just spread it out on baking paper on a baking tray like you do a normal pavlova but in a long rectangle shape. Then you don't need to worry about it sticking to the sides of the pan and you can just flip it onto a surface for rolling. Also, bake it long enough to be going golden otherwise if it is undercooked it'll crack and you won't be able to roll it out.-16 Oct 2011(Review from this site AU | NZ)
Altered ingredient amounts.When rolling the pavlova after putting on the cream and fruit grab the paper and use this to start the roll, then when rolled use 2 egg slides or cake servers to lift onto serving platter.-29 Jan 2010(Review from this site AU | NZ)
I thought this was easy to prepare and easy to roll up too using the sugared paper. I made mine for Boxing Day lunch and filled it with whipped cream and chopped up canned peaches and it went down a treat! Very light and (almost too) easy to eat!-25 Dec 2010(Review from this site AU | NZ)