- Dish type
Fresh tomatoes and basil served on grilled ciabatta.
71 people made this
- 10 slices ciabatta
- 1 to 2 dessertspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 vine-ripened tomatoes, diced
- handful chopped fresh basil
MethodPrep:15min ›Cook:3min ›Ready in:18min
- Preheat grill.
- Cover a medium sized baking tray with a single layer of bread slices. Brush the slices with olive oil.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the tomatoes, olive oil and basil. Mix thoroughly so that the juices from the tomato are released. Add salt, if desired, to expedite this process.
- Place bread under grill until lightly browned. Remove from grill and top with the tomato mixture.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(37)
Reviews in English (32)
Used different ingredients.Nice recipe - I used Focaccia for the bread, added shallots and garlic to the topping then topped off with grated Parmesan cheese. Delicious!-22 Jul 2010
Used different ingredients.Nice recipe - I added small slices of pepperoni and oregano to this to give it a bit of a kick. Worked wonders!-08 Oct 2008
Altered ingredient amounts.I thought it was pretty bland, so the next time, i doubled the basil, chopped up 2 garlic cloves and added it to the tomato mixture, then finished it off with some grated mozzarella on top. It got a much better reception from my husband the second time.-15 Sep 2008