- Meat and poultry
- Popular chicken
- Easy chicken
This dead easy chicken recipe was a favourite of mine growing up, and now my children love it! Chicken breast combines with cream of chicken soup, spinach and Cheddar cheese for a lovely concoction that is fab over rice or pasta.
5 people made this
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 leek, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 skinless chicken breast fillets, cubed
- 1 tin cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 tin water
- 250g frozen spinach
- 125g grated Cheddar cheese
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:10min ›Ready in:20min
- Saute onion, leek, garlic and bay leaves. When soft add chicken and cook for a few minutes.
- Add soup, water and spinach. Simmer for 10-15 minutes. Stir through cheese at the end.
- Serve with white or brown rice.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(2)
Reviews in English (3)
Used different ingredients.I didn't use any bay leaves because we didn't have any and I added some finely chopped carrot, mushrooms, cauliflower and tinned corn in step 2. Tasted lovely.-24 Aug 2010(Review from this site AU | NZ)
This recipe was a HIT with all the family - including the fussy, vegetable-phobic 3 year old. Thank you! :D-10 Sep 2009(Review from this site AU | NZ)