- Dish type
- Biscuits and cookies
- Coconut biscuits and cookies
I recently adapted a recipe for savoury pinwheels into a sweet version using Nutella and coconut. They are even sweeter with a little icing drizzled over the top.
9 people made this
- 250g self-raising flour
- 4 tablespoons icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 125ml milk
- 3-4 tablespoons Nutella (chocolate hazelnut spread)
- 1 tablespoon dessicated coconut
- milk to glaze
MethodPrep:15min ›Cook:12min ›Ready in:27min
- Preheat oven to 200 C / Gas 6 and line a baking tray with parchment.
- Process flour, icing sugar and butter in a food processor until it resembles fresh breadcrumbs.
- Add 125ml milk until combined and turn out onto a floured surface. Shape into a rectangle and roll out to approximately 25 x 40cm.
- Spread the pastry with Nutella and sprinkle coconut over it.
- Roll into a log shape and refrigerate 15 minutes.
- Cut into 1-2cm slices and place swirl side down onto baking tray.
- Brush tops with milk and sprinkle a little extra coconut on top.
- Bake 12 minutes or until golden. Cool and if desired, drizzle icing over the top.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(6)
Reviews in English (8)
Very yummy & easy to make. Only had to add around an extra 20g of butter and it stuck together great. They will be good to take along to 'bring a plate of fingerfood' parties.-14 Dec 2010(Review from this site AU | NZ)
These were yummy, and instead of nutella, I used a low sugar/low GI plain chocolate spread which is a good option for those with nut allergies. The only problem I had was with the dough, it was a little hard to roll and keep together compared to other scroll recipes I have done and in the end I had to use a little extra milk to make it more pliable. But they turned out beautiful, light and fluffy, and a big lunchbox favourite I'm sure!-11 Jul 2009(Review from this site AU | NZ)