- Dish type
- Biscuits and cookies
- Chocolate chip cookies
Truth is, you can freeze almost any biscuit or cookie dough, but here's a recipe with specific instructions for freezing the cookies before baking. It is great to have these to hand for unexpected guests, or late night cravings!
23 people made this
- 200g butter
- 220g caster sugar
- 150g dark brown soft sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 375g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 450g chocolate chips
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:15min ›Ready in:25min
- Preheat oven to 200 C / Gas 6. Cream butter and sugars, then add the eggs and vanilla.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a separate bowl. Slowly add dry ingredients to the butter mix then add chocolate chips.
- Make tablespoon sized balls, place on greased baking tray, then put in the freezer for at least 1 hour.
- Take out as many as you want to bake and bake 10-15 minutes at 200 C until golden brown.
- Keep extras in the freezer in a sealed container or plastic bag until wanted.
You can use fewer chocolate chips; I never use as much and they are just as good.
Make perfect cookies every time with our How to make cookies guide!
Chocolate chip cookie video
Watch our easy step-by-step video and see How to make chocolate chip cookies that are soft, chewy and gorgeous every time!
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(2)
Reviews in English (2)
It was great to use as a basic recipe because i wasn't quite sure on how to make cookie dough and it was very easy to modify.thanks!-03 Jan 2015
These are very good! The only changes I made were: baking them in the oven for 10-12 minutes at 190 degrees C (after chilling the dough), and softening the butter before creaming. When I take them out of the oven, I let them cool on the pan for 5-10 minutes and then transfer them to a cooling rack. These cookies were soft, and delicious! A good basic recipe for chocolate chip cookies.-20 May 2013(Review from this site AU | NZ)