- Meat and poultry
- Cuts of chicken
- Chicken breast
This poached chicken curry salad makes enough for about 8 people. Serve it on a bed of lettuce or inside vol-au-vents.
61 people made this
- 5 skinless chicken breast fillets
- 200g mayonnaise
- 200g fruit chutney
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 60g chopped almonds or pecans
- 230g seedless grapes, halved
- 3 or 4 chopped spring onions
MethodPrep:15min ›Cook:10min ›Ready in:25min
- In a large saucepan, simmer chicken breasts in water for about 7 to 10 minutes, or until cooked through. Drain, cool, and shred into small pieces with a knife and fork.
- In a large bowl, combine mayonnaise, chutney, curry powder and pepper. Stir in chicken, nuts, grapes and spring onions. Chill before serving.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(69)
Reviews in English (59)
This is definitely one of my favorites. I use a slightly different recipes, but it's rather close. To cut down on the fat, I use a 6 ounce carton of yogurt, and since I'm normally making 2 servings, I only use 3 skinless boneless chicken breasts and 1/2 C of SUGAR-FREE chutney. I also toss in different nuts and fruits...sometimes sunflower seeds (1/2 C) or slivered almonds, instead of the pecans, or 1/4 C raisins and 1/2 C diced apples instead of the grapes. I prefer to omit the onion. My version has about 300 calories per serving, makes 2 main dish servings.-09 Oct 2005
This salad is beyond yummy! It's very formal and would definitely be the star of any meal. As a note, 3/4 cup is an entire 9 oz. bottle of chutney.-06 Feb 2004
I use Major Grey's Mango Chutnet with this recipes, although others would probobly be just as good. It really is a great recipe!-16 Sep 2002