- Dish type
- Vegetable soup
- Squash soup
- Courgette soup
A favourite soup of mine that my gran used to make us. It's simplicity at its best, with little more than onion, courgette and potato. Add fresh or dried herbs if you would like to embellish!
377 people made this
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 large courgettes, chopped
- 3 large potatoes, chopped
- 375ml water, to cover
- 3 chicken stock cubes
- 3 tablespoons cream
- salt and pepper
MethodPrep:30min ›Cook:1hr ›Ready in:1hr30min
- Saute onion, courgette and potato with a tablespoon of butter.
- Add enough water to cover, add stock cubes and cook until veg is tender.
- Blend and mash the veg (with fluid still in pot). Add the cream to taste (put more in if you prefer it creamier).
- Serve with salt and pepper to taste.
Make it vegetarian
By substituting stock vegetable cubes for the chicken ones.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(6)
Reviews in English (6)
Really good. Easy to make (my husband did it) and tasted wonderfully fresh. A good way to use up an allotment glut. We now have lots in the freezer.-12 Aug 2014
Didn't really have high hopes for this, but we have a glut of courgettes so thought I'd give it a go. Wow - it really is delicious - really tasty and creamy (and I didn't add the cream) I used veg stock cubes and a red onion. Fabulous - I'll be looking forward to courgette season every year now-09 Aug 2015
Very tasty. Great for using up the courgettes off the allotment. I substituted the cream with a tub of half fat creme fraiche. I will be recommending this to my allotment friends.-05 Aug 2016