- Dish type
- Seafood starters
These inventive fritters are easy to make and are delicious served with tomato salsa and a tossed salad for an easy summer meal. A good way to use up that abundance of courgette we seem to get every year.
2 people made this
- 250g pack mussels in brine (fresh mussels can also be used)
- 125g plain flour
- 125ml milk
- 3 eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 courgettes, grated
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander (or parsley if you prefer)
- oil for frying
MethodPrep:30min ›Cook:15min ›Ready in:45min
- If using fresh mussels steam open and cut in half OR cut marinated mussels in half and set aside.
- In a bowl sift together the flour, salt and pepper.
- Mix milk and eggs together and pour into flour slowly and whisk to a smooth batter. Add rest of ingredients and fold in.
- Heat oil in pan to medium heat and fry tablespoons of batter till golden brown on both sides. Cook in small batches so the fritters cook evenly.