- Meat and poultry
- Popular chicken
- Easy chicken
- Quick chicken
Vegetables of every colour are tossed with farfalle pasta and chicken. This chicken and pasta dish can be served hot or cold.
28 people made this
- 1 (500g) pack farfalle pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 skinless, boneless chicken breast fillets - cut into strips
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red onion, cut into strips
- 1 green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 red pepper, cut into strips
- 1 yellow pepper, cut into strips
- 1 courgette, thickly sliced
- handful chopped fresh basil leaves
- 8 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
MethodPrep:20min ›Cook:20min ›Ready in:40min
- Cook farfalle according to package instructions; drain and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Sauté garlic for 2 minutes, then stir in chicken, and cook until no longer pink and juices run clear. Remove from frying pan, and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in same frying pan. Sauté red onion, green pepper, red pepper, yellow pepper and courgette until tender.
- In a large bowl, combine farfalle, chicken, pepper mixture, basil and balsamic vinegar. Toss until evenly distributed.
Omit the chicken for a vegan dish!
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(25)
Reviews in English (14)
This dish gets better with age! Every day it is in the fridge the tastes soak into the noodles and chicken. I make this on the weekend and take it to work with me all week. You have to love vinegar though!-30 May 2005
by Shelley W
I didn't think that the flavors blended well at all - until the next day. This dish is definitely better as leftovers.-16 Apr 2002