- Dish type
- Main course
This homemade deep dish pizza recipe is amazing, because there is no kneading involved! You mix it all up in the tin, then cover with your favourite toppings. Enjoy!
27 people made this
- Pizza dough
- 1 rounded teaspoon of dried active baking yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 250ml lukewarm water
- 125g self-raising flour
- 125g plain flour
- good pinch of salt
- Your choice of jarred tomato sauce base
- 150g grated mozzarella cheese
- 200g sliced ham
- 50g black olives, pitted
MethodPrep:5min ›Cook:20min ›Ready in:25min
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4.
- Add sugar and yeast to lukewarm water and let stand for a few mins to activate.
- Combine all remaining dough ingredients in 28cm cake tin and mix well. Press dough using the tips of your fingers, until the base of the tin is covered.
- Spread the pasta sauce onto the dough, taking it as close to the edge as possible. Add other toppings of your choice.
- Place in the preheated oven. Bake 15-20 minutes. Serve immediately.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(3)
Reviews in English (3)
This had mixed reviews from my family. The biggest problem for us was that the crust was doughy. With some editing we probably could change this, and I will definitely will try a couple of tweaks. Perhaps we used too many toppings or too much cheese. All in all a good dish to fiddle with though.-30 May 2013(Review from this site AU | NZ)
This was just ok for us. We definately prefer our usual crust recipe that involves rise time. This crust didn't have as "pizza-y" of a taste; it was more doughy/bready. THANKS for the recipe, glof!-25 May 2013(Review from this site AU | NZ)
I used White Wings gluten free flours and added an egg, then added our own choice of toppings (tomato paste, ham, pepperoni, capsicum, mushroom and cheese - yum!). I loved how easy and quick this was to make, mixing everything in the pan and with no rising time. Will definitely make again.-25 Feb 2013(Review from this site AU | NZ)