- Meat and poultry
- Cuts of beef
- Beef fillet
I put together this stuffed veal fillet recipe last night. Wrapping the veal in pancetta ensures it stays moist.
1 person made this
- 1 large veal fillet
- 150g frozen spinach, defrosted and squeezed dry
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 125g finely chopped pancetta
- 8 rashers pancetta (or streaky bacon)
MethodPrep:20min ›Cook:1min ›Ready in:21min
- Cut the veal fillet lengthways through the centre, up to 1cm from the edge. Open and lay it out, butterfly style, on a clean work surface.
- Mix the spinach, garlic, mustard, parsley, chives and chopped pancetta together to form the stuffing.
- Lay the stuffing across the middle of one piece of veal leaving about 1cm from the edges. Place the other piece over top.
- Placing rashers of pancetta around the outside, tie the veal together with some kitchen string.
- Leave the veal in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour as this helps to stop it falling apart when you've finished cooking.
- Heat the oven to 180 C / Gas 4.
- Cook the veal for about 1 hour. Depending on how thick the veal is, cooking may take longer so check every 20 minutes.