- Dish type
This is a fantastic breakfast or brunch recipe. Portabello mushrooms are stuffed with breadcrumbs, seasoned with cheese and bacon bits, then topped with egg and baked.
11 people made this
- 2 large portabello mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped garlic
- 4 tablespoons grated mature Cheddar cheese
- 4 tablespoons fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon steak seasoning
- 1 tablespoon bacon flavour bits
- 30g butter
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- salt and pepper
MethodPrep:15min ›Cook:25min ›Ready in:40min
- Preheat oven to 200 C / Gas 6. Lightly grease a shallow baking dish.
- Place breadcrumbs, cheese, thyme and steak seasoning into food processor. Process until well combined. Stir in bacon bits.
- Peel outer skin from mushrooms and remove stalks. Place 1 teaspoon garlic in centre of each mushroom. Top with breadcrumb mixture and dot with butter.
- Place into prepared dish. Bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until top is golden and sizzling.
- With a spoon, press down on the filling to form a a shallow dip. Crack an egg into each mushroom. Season with salt and pepper. Bake for an additional 5-10 minutes.