- Dish type
- Grain salad
- Buckwheat salad
A fantastic gluten-free and vegetarian side dish. Buckwheat is tossed with fresh herbs, red onion, cucumber and tomatoes in a cumin-spiced dressing.
26 people made this
- 170g uncooked buckwheat
- 1 large bunch parsley, finely chopped
- 1 large bunch mint, finely chopped
- 1 large red onion, finely chopped
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, diced
- 2 to 3 vine-ripened tomatoes, diced
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1 apple, peeled and chopped into chunks
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
MethodPrep:15min ›Cook:15min ›Ready in:30min
- Cook buckwheat with 500ml water in a rice cooker. Once cooked, rinse well with cold water and let drain.
- Place parsley, mint, red onion, cucumbers, tomatoes and buckwheat into a large salad bowl. Set aside.
- In a liquidiser, blend lemon juice, olive oil, cumin and apple until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Toss with the salad and serve.
Are also known as Ridge cucumbers. If unavailable, use 1 ordinary cucumber.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(1)
Reviews in English (1)
I added the lemon juice and cumin to taste and used normal cucumber. It was v tasty for the whole family.-31 Aug 2017