- Dish type
- Biscuits and cookies
These twice baked Italian biscuits are delicious. They are flavoured with orange zest, vanilla extract, coffee and hazelnuts.
50 people made this
- 2 eggs
- 150g caster sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (or caramel essence)
- 1/2 orange, zest grated
- 1/2 tablespoons ground coffee beans
- 250g plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 60g hazelnuts (or unsalted cashews)
MethodPrep:20min ›Cook:1hr ›Ready in:1hr20min
- Preheat oven to 160 C / Gas 2 1/2.
- Beat eggs, sugar, vanilla extract, orange zest and ground coffee together. Mix in flour and baking powder. Add hazelnuts.
- Roll dough into two logs on a floured surface. (You may need to adjust the consistency of the dough, it should be dry, but not too dry.)
- Transfer logs onto a greased baking tray and slightly flatten. Bake for 40-45 minutes in preheated oven.
- Remove from oven and cool. Cut into 1cm thick slices. Lay the slices back onto a baking tray (cut side down) and bake for an additional 15-20 minutes, turning once.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(6)
Reviews in English (5)
new 'go to' recipe. So easy and delicious.-21 Jul 2013
First time ever made biscotti....easy recipe and turned out amazingly well. Delicious with a subtle orange hint. Will be making for Christmas presents!-04 Oct 2014
Very Good, Recipe came together very quickly, my past experiences making biscotti have involved creaming together large amounts of sugar and butter, which took up a lot of time with out the aid of a mixer. managed to get 19 large pieces i didn't split the dough in to two loafs, because first I didn't think that it would rise quite so much and second from past my oven only had space for one loaf at a time. My only tweak to the recipe was using 200g of finely chopped roasted hazelnuts, because that what i had to hand.I do believe I have found my new go to recipe.-15 Aug 2013