- Dish type
- Mini cakes
- Savoury muffins
- Cheese muffins
These muffins are quick and easy to make. They go particularly well with soups or stews.
20 people made this
- 250g plain flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 90g butter, melted
- 115g mature Cheddar cheese, grated
- 250ml milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 (40g) packet French onion soup
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:15min ›Ready in:25min
- Preheat oven to 220 C / Gas 7. Lightly grease a muffin tin.
- Sift flour and baking powder into a bowl. Add soup mix, cheese, sugar and mix well.
- In another bowl, combine butter, egg and milk.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredients.
- Mix until the mixture is moist. Do not overmix.
- Spoon into greased muffin tin and bake for 15-20 minutes.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(2)
Reviews in English (2)
I made these to share with friends and they went down extremely well. Had to use potato & leek soup mix instead.-13 Feb 2013
Packed with flavour and easy to make! I added some herbs (fresh parsley/rosemary and a little oregano) as well just for a bit more subtle flavours.-25 Jul 2017