- Dish type
- Biscuits and cookies
These delicious biscuits are known as brutti ma buoni - Italian for 'ugly but good'. Enjoy with a cup of tea or coffee.
2 people made this
- 600g blanched almonds, toasted
- 500g caster sugar
- 250g egg whites (about 7)
- 30g butter
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
MethodPrep:30min ›Cook:1hr ›Ready in:1hr30min
- Chop almonds finely.
- Beat egg whites to stiff peaks and add to almonds.
- Add sugar, cinnamon and vanilla.
- Pour in a saucepan and cook on low heat for about 20 minutes or until it doesn't stick to the pan, mixing constantly with a wooden spoon.
- Pour spoonfuls on a lined baking tray, giving them an irregular shape.
- Bake on 130 C / Gas 1/2 for about 40 minutes
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(1)
Reviews in English (1)
Well the ugly part was correct.It tasted different to say the least.-19 Mar 2014