- Dish type
- Biscuits and cookies
These buttery biscuits are the perfect treat for anytime of the day. They are topped with jam, but feel free to use other toppings, such as chocolate spread or peanut butter.
25 people made this
- 125g butter
- 100g caster sugar
- 125g plain flour
- 125g self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon custard powder
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- strawberry or raspberry jam
MethodPrep:20min ›Cook:15min ›Ready in:35min
- Preheat oven to 190 C / Gas 5. Grease a baking tray or line with baking parchment.
- In a medium bowl, cream butter, vanilla and sugar. Add the egg and mix well.
- Sift in flours and custard powder and stir. Roll into balls and place on prepared tray. Lightly flatten with a fork. Make a small depression with your finger or the end of wooden spoon, in the top of each ball and add a little jam.
- Cook for 15 to 20 minutes until done.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(10)
Reviews in English (11)
Altered ingredient amounts.I needed to add a little milk to make a more manageable dough. Delicious-24 Jul 2009(Review from this site AU | NZ)
Made these today and they turned out perfectly. Just couldn't use all the flour, probably about 1-1/2 cups. I used the cumquat jam I made from another "allRecipes" member. Delicious!-25 Jul 2012(Review from this site AU | NZ)