We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Diet & lifestyle
- Vegetarian meals
A colourful combination of tomatoes, green pepper and courgette. Rice rounds out this one-pot meal, which is so easy and healthy - a great way to get to your five a day!
196 people made this
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 900g (2 lb) courgette, peeled and cut into slices
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 75g (3 oz) uncooked white rice
- 150ml (5 fl oz) water
MethodPrep:20min ›Cook:25min ›Ready in:45min
- Heat oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add onion, and sauté for 3 minutes. Add tomatoes, courgette and green pepper. Stir. Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in rice and water. Cover, and cook over low heat for 20 minutes.
Use vegetable or chicken stock instead of the water for richer flavour.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(128)
Reviews in English (96)
Altered ingredient amounts.Delicious! I would recommend, however, doubling the rice and using a larger variety of vegetables in place of some of the courgette. I did so and it was magnificent. :-)-24 Jul 2008
Absolutely yummy! I too doubled the rice. I also used a tin of tomatoes. I took the cover off for the last five minutes of cooking so it would thicken. Excellent-29 Jun 2011
Altered ingredient amounts.Doubled the quantitiy of rice and added a pinch of ground nutmeg.Used 150ml vegetable stock instead of water to add a bit more flavour.-25 Oct 2010