- Dish type
- Side dish
- Vegetable side dishes
- Roasted vegetables
Fluffy couscous with loads of roasted veggies. A delightful vegetarian dish.
48 people made this
- 1 large courgette, thickly sliced
- 100g (4 oz) mushrooms, quartered
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 750ml (1 1/4 pints) water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 350g (12 oz) couscous
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:30min ›Ready in:40min
- Preheat your grill to high heat.
- Brush vegetables lightly with olive oil, and place them under the grill. Cook, flipping over occasionally, until just tender.
- While the vegetables are grilling, bring water, salt, 1 tablespoon olive oil and couscous to boil in a large pot. Once the water has come to a boil, remove the pot from the heat and let it stand 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork when done. Let couscous cool to room temperature.
- Toss couscous with veggies and drizzle with remaining olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(42)
Reviews in English (32)
A quick, easy and super-healthy meal, this made a tasty vegan option for our barbecue!-15 Jun 2012
The first recipe I've tried from Our Site. As a student with limited budget and not much free time, this was amazing. Extremely tasty. I swapped the pepper for a carrot, though, for personal tastes.-31 Jan 2013
by KIMBERLY CONIFF
Okay...the first time around, I made this as a side dish for some pork chops. My fiance said it was bland. There were leftovers, since he wasn't fond of it (I thought it was okay). Anyways, the next day, I sauteed some tofu and threw the leftover couscous in, making a vegetarian skillet dinner of sorts. It was awesome!! I highly recommend adding the tofu.-24 Jun 2002