- Dish type
- Vegetable soup
- Root vegetable soup
- Potato soup
This is a non-dairy soup that is low in calories and fat. It's simple to make and extremely delicious. Enjoy with crusty bread rolls, if desired.
491 people made this
- 1 bunch celery, diced
- 1 large potato, peeled and diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt (or sea salt)
- 1.5L chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon oil
MethodPrep:20min ›Cook:40min ›Ready in:1hr
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Saute onion and potato for 3 minutes or until the onion has turned translucent.
- Pour in chicken stock and bring to the boil.
- Once boiling, add celery. Bring back the boil and lower the heat. Add celery salt.
- Let simmer for 30 minutes.
- Puree the soup with a hand blender, liquidiser or food processor until smooth.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(19)
Reviews in English (20)
This is a REALLY tasty soup and was a big hit for the whole family. Thanks for sharing it! I knew that if I told my 14yr old son that it was called 'potato and celery' then he wouldn't eat it, so I added some frozen sweetcorn and shredded chicken pieces, called it 'chicken and sweetcorn soup' and he absolutely loved it, and ate plenty of 'secret' veggies to boot. Fabulous!-29 Mar 2012
This soup is very tasty! The only changes I made were to use veg stock instead of chicken to make it completely veggie and I added creme fraiche after blending to make a creamier soup.-05 Nov 2012
Delicious. easy to make and cheap..can't ask for more really..thanks for this recipe-05 Jan 2013