Peel an onion and finely chop. Cook in a large bowl, in a tablespoon of hot oil, until soft, then add the cleaned and crushed garlic.
Boil the meat soup. Meanwhile, pour the rice over the onion and fry for a few minutes, stirring constantly.
Gradually add the hot soup, stirring constantly. Add a new portion of soup only when the rice has absorbed all the previous juice. Boil for approx. 25 minutes, season with salt and pepper and leave to cool.
Wash the greens and finely chop the leaves, then mix with the rice, along with the cheese and eggs.
Remove two tablespoons with the tip of the rice mixture, and from them form glues with a wet hand. Then the glues are fried in the remaining oil for approx. 5 minutes, during which time they return once.
Vattayappam & # 8211 Fluffy rice cake, traditional Indian
1. Wash the uncooked rice as well as possible and let it soak for 5-6 hours.
2. After the rice has swelled, move it with water in a blender, along with the sugar, coconut, boiled rice, dry yeast, cardamom and salt powder.
3. Mix well until you get a homogeneous dough, similar in consistency to the pancake dough: dense, but flowing. Move the dough into a bowl and let it rise covered hot for 7-8 hours or overnight.
4. Place a cake pan greased with butter in a larger and taller pan, with a lid and 1-2 cups of water inside.
5. Pour 1/2 of the amount of dough raised in the pan into the pan. Put the lid on the pan and leave it on medium heat, steaming, for 15-20 minutes.
6. Halfway through the cooking time, add a few raisins and cashews on top, then continue cooking with the lid on. Test the fluffy rice cake with the toothpick method. Repeat the process with the rest of the dough.
7. Following this fluffy rice cake recipe, you will get two rice cakes the size of the chosen tray.
Rice pudding with caramelized apples
Puddings are among my favorite desserts, I prepare them quite often because they are light and healthy. In general, I prefer puddings with milk and eggs because they are fluffy and are made quite quickly, plus we always have milk and eggs in the fridge so we can prepare them whenever we feel like it. Rice pudding with caramelized apples is a delicious dessert that can be served with ice cream or whipped cream.
The recipe I made is very simple and does not require additions, if you follow the quantities of ingredients and steps, you will have a good-looking, tasty pudding that will delight everyone.
Rice pudding with caramelized apples
- 150g rice with round grain
- 800ml milk
- 150g sugar for caramelization + 50g sugar for the composition with milk
- 3 small or 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 3 suitable apples
1. Boil the milk over low heat with the rice and sugar and from the moment it starts to boil, leave it for 15 minutes. Add the vanilla essence and set aside to cool a little.
2. While the rice is being made, caramelize the sugar in a saucepan, be careful not to burn it, it will have a bitter taste, don't rush, it's time enough :).
3. Heat the oven to 180 degrees C, peel the apples and cut them into thicker slices. Pour the hot caramel into a smaller tray, I used a heat-resistant dish. We move the tray so that its bottom is covered with caramel (beautiful expression, right?). Place the apple slices over the caramel and put the tray in the oven for 10 minutes.
4. In a bowl, mix the eggs well and then add the hourglass composition with milk, stirring lightly. Pour everything into the pan (be careful not to burn yourself) and leave in the oven at 170 degrees C for about 30 minutes. The pudding should be lightly browned on the edges.
Remove the tray and let it cool. We turn the lukewarm on a plate.
As you can see, it comes off easily.
You can serve it so warm with a globe of ice cream or cold with whipped cream, both options I assure you are just as delicious :)
Tip: You can also make pudding with bananas, pineapple, pears or slices of peaches, nectarines.
For daily recipe recommendations, you can also find me on the Facebook page, on Youtube, on Pinterest and on Instagram. I invite you to like, subscribe and follow. Also, the group Let's cook with Amalia is waiting for you for exchanges of recipes and experiences in the kitchen.
Paella - the tempting mixture of rice with saffron and seafood
Discover traditional Spanish cuisine.
In a steaming plate, the sweet smell of saffron is combined with the aromas of the sea and the freshness of the vegetables. This is how paella feels and tastes like a rice-based dish, cooked in all regions of Spain, but also in Spanish restaurants around the world.
The secret of a perfect paella
It is said that for a perfect Paella you have to reach the coasts of Valencia, the place where this dish was born. At first glance it may seem like a big pot of rice, a little different from the Italian one, more consistent than the Indian one and more refined than the Serbian pilaf. It has the same ingredients: rice, meat and vegetables, but the secret lies in the way they are combined and the order in which they are put paellera (frying pan). The first to reach the fire are the vegetables, hardened in olive oil to soften, but never to burn. The flavors already mixed by tempering are then ennobled by chicken soup or dry white wine in some regions. Only now put the rice with long grain and a mixture of saffron that is left to boil slowly, and towards the end over high heat, so that at the base of the bowl to form that crispy crust. The meats, fried or cooked separately, are added only at the end to leave their taste intact.
Where does the paella come from?
There are two stories about the origins of this dish: one about the noble origin and another about its connection with the common people. The first is related to the origins of the word paella, which is supposed to derive from the Latin & bdquopatella & rdquo, a large plate on which the offerings were taken to the gods. Therefore, the refined mixture of rice, meat and vegetables can be likened to a dish food for the chosen ones. On the other hand, it is said that the servants of the wealthy Moors. who lived in the region of Valencia, used to prepare their rice for their meals with the leftover food left behind by the rich banquets. This would explain the variety of ingredients and the unusual mixture of pork and fish, vegetables and expensive spices, such as saffron.
However, the first paella, as we know it today, was not tasted until the middle of the 19th century, in the bay of Albufera, south of Valencia. At that time it was the food of the peasants who worked the fields and prepared their meal in a large pan, on a wood fire, mixing with the rice brought from home with everything they could find at hand: from snails to fresh vegetables.
Each region of Spain boasts its own paella recipe. There are about as many versions as there are skilled chefs in each area. Any ingredient that matches the taste of the rice is welcome on the plate: chicken or pork, spicy sausages, mussels, fish, squid, beans, peas, artichokes or peppers. Let's not forget saffron, the one that gives the golden color and unique taste of rice. In the menus of traditional Spanish restaurants you will always find three classic recipes and their adaptations depending on the region where you are.
Paella Valenciana & ndash is made from rice, rabbit meat, chicken, snails, beans and artichokes.
Seafood Paella It is also known as Mixed Paella - it contains rice, seafood and chicken and is one of the favorites of tourists arriving in Spanish cities.
Vegetarian Paella & ndash replaces meat with a variety of vegetables: beans, artichokes, eggplant and peppers.
What do you need to know to cook paella like a book?
- The best paella is cooked outside on a wood fire.
- In order to manage to gather in the same bouquet the various flavors, it is good to use a special paella pan (round, stretched, wide at the mouth & ndashdiameter 33 cm and with metal side handles)
- The best results are obtained with a medium grain rice. It absorbs a lot of liquid and is therefore suitable for a paella.
Pressing the button below represents your agreement to the TERMS AND CONDITIONS of the COMMENTING PLATFORM.
Do you have thin glues? Prepare them! How to easily and tastefully feed the whole family!
An interesting hot baking dish prepared in the oven. Very tasty, soft, juicy and filling. A wonderful lunch for the whole family.
& # 8211 500 gr chicken breast (1 breast or 2 fillets)
& # 8211 2 tablespoons 20% fermented sour cream
& # 8211 1 tablespoon vinegar (preferably apple)
& # 8211 5-6 tablespoons boiled rice - optional.
& # 8211 2 tablespoons fermented cream
METHOD OF PREPARATION:
1. Cut the chicken breast into medium cubes, add salt, black pepper, garlic, paprika, sour cream, mustard, stir and let the meat marinate for at least 20 minutes.
2. Cut the onion into thin quarters into rounds, add salt, sugar, vinegar, mix and marinate.
3. Cut the tomato into thin slices.
4. Cut the stickers into rectangles the size of a drawing sheet, add 2 slices of boiled potato, chicken breast on top, sprinkled with a little salt and finally marinated onions.
5. Fold the filling in the glue until you get an envelope.
6. Another option would be to replace the potato with boiled rice.
7. Place the envelopes in the greased pan.
8. Beat the egg with cream, salt and mustard until smooth.
9. Grease the sachets with sauce and place in the preheated oven at 180 ° C for about 20 minutes.
10. To make the envelopes soft, cover them immediately with foil and leave them for 10 minutes. You can also grease them with butter.
Delicious recipe: How to make Spanish paella, step by step
Even if it sounds a little pompous, anyone can make this Spanish paella recipe, offered by paellarecipe.org, and you will definitely be delighted with the results.
& # 8211 1 red pepper
& # 8211 a large, chopped onion
& # 8211 2 cloves of garlic
& # 8211 a cup of frozen peas
& # 8211 3 fresh tomatoes or a can of canned tomatoes
& # 8211 500 g frozen mussels
& # 8211 a chicken breast
& # 8211 1 kg of seafood (octopus, squid and fish fillets)
& # 8211 3 cups of rice
& # 8211 500 g of fresh shrimp (can also be frozen)
& # 8211 fresh parsley
& # 8211 salt and pepper to taste
Fry the diced chopped chicken breast in a wok, seasoned with salt and pepper. Meanwhile, chop the onion, garlic and red pepper. Once the chicken is ready, lightly brown the seafood, and these spices, and then put them together with the chicken.
Saute onions, garlic and peppers, then add tomatoes. Then add the chicken, seafood and mussels. Add the peas, rice, then 5 cups of hot water. To get the specific color, put saffron. Bring to the boil until the water has been absorbed or evaporated and a thin crust has formed on the surface of the container in which you cooked.
Place the shrimp on top and, to make sure they will do well, cover the pan. Meanwhile, chop the parsley you put on top when the shrimp are ready. Leave for another 3 minutes and the Spanish paella is ready!
For an authentic taste you can use instead of chicken, duck or rabbit, and replace the peas with beans. As a fish, use salmon or cod.
Fluffy stick with sesame seeds & # 8211 Here's how to do it fast. From just a few ingredients
Today I recommend you to prepare fluffy sticks with sesame seeds. I made two yesterday and they ate immediately. They are absolutely delicious. The recipe is explained step by step in the lines below.
- 200 ml of warm water, 200 ml of warm milk
- 4 teaspoons sunflower oil, 12 g fresh yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar, 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg white, flour (as needed)
- Sesame seeds (white and black) 1 egg (for greasing)
Method of preparation:
Dissolve the fresh yeast in warm milk. Add a tablespoon of sugar and mix. Leave the yeast aside for 10-15 minutes.
In a large bowl pour the oil, salt, egg whites and wheat flour (as much as necessary to get a smooth dough). Add the yeast and knead the dough. Cover the dough with a kitchen towel and leave it in a warm place for 2 hours to double its volume.
After the dough has risen enough, transfer it to the worktop sprinkled with flour and divide it in two. We form two glues. Prick the sticks with a fork and leave them aside for 15 minutes.
Grease the glues with beaten egg. Sprinkle black and white sesame seeds on top. Put the glue in a tray lined with baking paper. Put the tray in the preheated oven at 200 degrees.
Bake the glues until they turn brown. Then take them out of the oven and let them cool slightly. When they are fresh, the sticks are very tasty. Have fun with your loved ones and increase your cooking!
If you liked this recipe, share it with your friends. I'm sure they'll want to try it too!
Stick with cheese and potatoes
Put the flour in a bowl. Make a hole in the middle and put the yeast dissolved in warm milk and salt. Cover the pot and leave it in a warm place for 10-15 minutes to ferment. Then, mix the flour with the mayonnaise and gradually add the warm water. Knead until the dough comes off the bowl then cover the bowl and leave it in a warm place for 30-40 minutes.
While I let the mayo grow, I peeled the potatoes, cut them into cubes and boiled them. After boiling, drain the water, crush, add butter and leave to cool. After the potatoes have cooled, mix them with the cheese (grated).
Pour the dough on the work table greased with a little oil, and divide it into equal dough balls. We take a ball that we spread with the rolling pin, we put the dough with the potato and cheese filling and we join the edges.
In a hot pan, which I greased with a little oil, bake on both sides. It can be served plain, or with a tablespoon of sour cream on top.
Spanish, Spain - 20 recipes
Spanish recipes traditional dishes from Spain: Paella, Tortilla, Gaspacho and many other dishes specific to Iberian cuisine.
Spanish cuisine means more than Paella, Tortilla (Spanish omelet) and Gaspacho. These recipes / dishes are just some important representatives of a cuisine that is above all regional. Thus, Paella is a recipe of the cuisine of the Andalusian region. However, it is enjoyed throughout Spain and even internationally.
Other dishes, such as Fabada Asturiana, are just as important if you are interested in Spanish gastronomy. Not the very complicated elaboration of the ingredients, but rather their quality give the value of a Spanish dish. For example, in Spain fish are very popular, but also sausages such as chorizo.
"Tapas" are very popular in cities like Madrid, because they are less common in restaurants in Spain than in other European countries such as France. Thus, young or old Spaniards prefer bars and cafes to have a few "tapas" with wine or beer on a table corner. Spanish wine is also very famous and appreciated all over the world.
What vegetables and greens do we use for rice with vegetables?
Vegetables can be: carrots, parsley root, parsnips or celery, green onions, white or red, garlic, red peppers (kapia, donuts), green peas, green bean pods, zucchini, bunches of cauliflower or broccoli, mushrooms , corn kernels etc. It is not wrong even if you make a mix of fresh vegetables and frozen vegetables (in a bag). What matters, however, is the order in which they land in the pot & # 8211 the strongest at the beginning and the youngest at the end (so as not to porridge).
From the quantity below you get a rice pan with enough vegetables for 6 & # 8211 8 servings. It can be reheated in the oven or microwave the next day.
- 1 large carrot (or 2 smaller ones)
- 1 parsley root
- 1 parsnip root
- 1 slice of celery root
- 2-3 onions (white, red) or a bunch of green onions
- 1 clove of garlic (optional)
- 75 ml sunflower oil (3 tablespoons)
- 500 g vegetables to choose from: peas, bean pods, peppers, mushrooms, cauliflower, broccoli, zucchini, corn
- salt, ground black pepper
- 250 g of rice
- 1 L water or vegetable or meat soup
- 30 g butter (optional)