The puff pastry is left to thaw, then it is easily unwrapped and spread on the table. Sprinkle with a little flour and then with a glass cut the dough into circles.
Put parchment paper in a tray, sprinkle a little flour and place the dough circles. Bake until golden brown and remove and leave to cool. Separately make a mixture of honey and almond flakes. Grease each baked circle with this mixture and put as a motto a strawberry. Let cool and then serve.
They are delicious ........ good appetite!
200 g lard
300-400 g flour
1 pinch of salt
4 tablespoons sugar
500 ml of milk
150 g sugar
50 g butter
80 g flour
esenta de rom
In a bowl put 300 g of flour, sugar, vanilla sugar, salt, make a hole in the middle, add the yolks, lard at room temperature and start to knead a homogeneous dough (if necessary add more flour) wrap in cling film and cold 30 min.
Spread the dough on the floured table, cut circles and place in the tart shapes, prick them with a fork and put them in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes until they brown a little.
We take them out of the molds and let them cool.
Rub the yolks with 100 g of sugar, add 5 tablespoons of milk and flour, mix well, add the rest of the milk, stirring constantly, put the pan on low heat and mix until it thickens.
Take the pan off the heat, add the butter, rum essence, egg white foam (mix the egg whites with a pinch of salt, mix 50 g of sugar until it becomes a glossy foam). Mix with a palette of greasy movements until smooth.
Pour the composition into molds, decorate with grapes and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
Try this video recipe too
What type of flour and butter are used in puff pastry?
I used Hungarian BL55 flour and German butter with 82% fat (both from Kaufland). The flour is Totkomlosi smooth lip (smooth lip means wheat flour) and costs about 3 lei and German butter is written in Slovak and costs 5.99 lei / 250 g. If you use 000 flour you will need less water (add it slowly). The optimal flour for pastry contains between 8-11% protein (gluten). The one in the picture has 9.8 g (look for the table on the flour bags). Bread flour has 12-14% protein. Butter should be removed from the refrigerator at least one hour before use. It must be moldable but cold.
Salted tarts with various fillings - a culinary treat for any meal
- Salty tarts with various fillings (Maria Matyiku / Epoch Times) Salty tarts with various fillings
In addition to the filling, the secret of a successful tart is the quality and tenderness of the crust. The fillings can be varied using ingredients you have at hand - from vegetables and cheeses to meats or various spices.
Salted tarts can be served as such or with a fresh salad. They are also very good in the package. Here are some suggestions.
Ingredients for tart crust
125 g diced butter (can be replaced with lard),
How to prepare the crust:
Combine the flour with the baking powder and salt in a bowl, then add the butter cubes and mix until the butter coats well in the flour and forms small lumps the size of a pea.
Separately, in a small bowl, beat the egg with a tablespoon of vinegar, using a fork, then gradually add cold water.
Pour the egg mixture into the flour bowl, little by little, stirring with a fork only until the dough holds together and binds when lightly pressed between your fingers.
The secret to obtaining a tender crust is to handle the dough as little as possible during both kneading and stretching. Due to excessive kneading of the dough, it loses its tenderness and will become heavy and oily.
The dough is divided equally into 4 balls, which are then wrapped in plastic wrap and refrigerated for a few hours. If you are in a hurry, you can put them in the freezer for 15-20 minutes. The prepared dough can be stored for 2 days in the refrigerator or 2 months in the freezer.
Sprinkle a little flour on the work table, then roll out the dough with a rolling pin until a 3 mm thick sheet is obtained.
Roll the dough on a rolling pin and put it in the baking dish. Push the excess dough inwards, pressing lightly on the edges of the mold. Punch the dough from the bottom of the mold with a fork to avoid bubbles during baking.
If the dough breaks during rolling, it is recommended to leave it at room temperature for about 10-15 minutes until it becomes flexible enough to roll without breaking.
Trays of different shapes can be used. If you use muffin tins, you can cut the dough into circles using a jar lid of the right size.
Preparation of tart fillings:
Ingredients for filling with bacon (bacon):
100 g slices of bacon cut into pieces,
a few slices of finely chopped green onions or a small onion,
100 cheese or grated cheese (Gruyere)
If the bacon is raw, cut it into cubes and brown it in a pan. Add the onion and cook until soft. Drain the fat and allow to cool, and after it has cooled, divide it evenly into tart shapes. Sprinkle cheese or grated cheese on top.
Cheese and spinach or broccoli filling:
a few broccoli florets,
100 g cherry tomatoes or sun-dried tomatoes
Spinach and broccoli florets are placed alternately in tart shapes, followed by crushed pieces of goat cheese. Top with cherry tomato halves.
Smoked salmon filling
First place a thin layer of spinach leaves on the bottom of the tray, then add strips of smoked salmon. Cut the asparagus into pieces and place over the fish. Put dill on top.
He is finally getting ready egg and cream mixture which will be poured into all tarts.
The following quantities are required for the above quantity of dough:
In a large bowl, beat the eggs with a whisk until the egg whites are combined with the yolks and season with salt and pepper, nutmeg and paprika.
Then mix the liquid cream.
Once homogenized, the egg mixture is poured into tart shapes one at a time.
Place the tarts in the preheated oven at 190 ° C (375 ° F) and bake for about 45 minutes or until the tarts are lightly browned.
Leave to cool for 5-10 minutes before slicing and serving. They are preferably served while they are still hot but are good and cold.
Ingredient. Tender dough with butter for tarts, biscuits, pies and pickles
1. Carefully weigh the ingredients and cut the butter into pieces and leave to cool for 5 minutes. Sift the flour into a bowl to make it more aerated. Add salt powder and powdered sugar (if you want a sweet dough) and mix.
2. Then add the butter and knead until a sandy composition is obtained.
3. Add the lightly beaten egg or eggs (and the flavors if you make sweet dough) and quickly incorporate them into the sandy composition.
4. If you still need to drip a tablespoon of cold water to bind the dough and gather together. Be careful not to put large amounts of liquid because we do not have to get a wet dough. As soon as the dough gathers together, we no longer knead it, but homogenize it in a ball.
5. Wrap in cling film / plastic bag. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
6. Remove the dough, spread it on a thin sheet on a countertop with sprinkled flour and place it in a tart pan (if you are making a sweet tart or appetizer). Cut nicely on the edges and prick with a fork or toothpick from place to place.
In general, this tart dough requires "blind" pre-baking (empty) for 12-15 minutes, empty, at 200 C.
From the same tart dough you can cut biscuits with special shapes or you can cut the slices. If it is salty, it can be made into salts.
Tart dough classic recipe for tender dough with butter
The first historically attested, salty tarts are reserved for entrees or dishes. Among the most delicious French culinary legends is that of the Tatin tart. Salty Cakes Cookies Macarons Cupcakes Tarts Muffins Salty Cakes. Senior, who introduced me to the fascinating world of French pastry, where he is king. This tart dough is tender, crunchy, easy to prepare. How to make tender dough for salty tarts?
Raspberry Cheesecake Cookies Recipes, Dessert Recipes, Mini Cheesecakes, French Sweets. Translation of this page Ideal for quiches, tarts and sweet or savory pies, French doughs are tender, unleavened doughs with a rich buttery aroma. Quiche - is a salty tart with various fillings and a sauce made from eggs, milk, sour cream. The fillings of a quiche are either based on minced meat or vegetables or. PHOTO: The King's Pie and other French delicacies, in a cafe in. Jan savory pancakes, french pancakes recipe, buckwheat galette, pancake recipes, breakfast pancakes. The perfect dough for sweet tarts & # 8211 Homemade Dessert & # 8211 Maria Popa.
Favorite posts Archivy & # 8211 Inspiration from deDoma blog. I went out of my way with the name of this vegetable tart. Put the dough sheet in the shape of a tart greased with butter or margarine and press the edges.
Classic puff pastry dough
Recipe of French dough or by pastry homemade with butter it is one of those "test stones" of the pastry chef, whether he is a professional or an amateur. It's not so easy to get those dozens of layers thinner than a cigarette sheet, alternating with layers of butter, but it's definitely not impossible.
The origin of this type of dough seems to be related to the phylo dough from the Middle East, but for the first time a recipe of puff pastry (pastry dough) in 1653, in the book & # 8222Pastissier françois & # 8221 by François Pierre La Varenne.
I decided to start this classic puff pastry right now because for the first time I accepted a Daring Baker's challenge. This month's theme was chosen by Steph, author of the blog A whisk and a spoon, and it is wind flight & # 8211 means some light-feathered pies, which could easily float on a windy wind, a classic piece of French pastry. The real challenge is that the puff pastry from which the pastries are made must be provided by the brave amateur pastry chefs who accept the challenge.
I confess, for me this challenge is not so difficult, I have already made puff pastry countless times, on top of that I came up with an innovative idea of quick puff pastry & # 8211 but this time I have to follow the recipe proposed by Steph. The proposed dough recipe belongs to Michel Richard, from the book & # 8222Baking with Julia & # 8221 by Dorie Greenspan.
Although the recipe is really laborious, it is worth making at home. The quality of the puff pastry that we find in stores seems to be getting worse, we rarely come across a good one, which does not give the feeling that it has stuck to the roof of the mouth after eating it. I have not yet discovered any brand of puff pastry made with butter, all are with margarine, so if you are interested in this aspect, the effort to get a quality dough will really be rewarded.
The classic puff pastry can be stored in the freezer for months, and will be thawed slowly in the refrigerator when we need it. So let's get to work!
Ingredients classic puff pastry dough & # 8211 French dough
- 500 grams of flour 000
- 1 teaspoon grated salt
- 300 ml. of very cold water
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 450 grams of butter with 80% fat & # 8211 I used only 350 grams and the dough worked perfectly
- in addition: flour for sprinkling the work surface
Preparing classic puff pastry & # 8211 French dough
1. From cold water, flour, vinegar and salt, knead a smooth, non-sticky dough. (Eventually add a little more flour, until the dough has a pleasant consistency, neither too soft nor too hard, and is completely non-sticky). Wrap the dough and put it in the fridge.
2. The cold butter, from the fridge, is flattened with the help of the rolling pin, between two plastic sheets & # 8211 I used baking paper & # 8211 until obtaining a rectangle of approximately 20/30 cm.
3. Place the butter back in the fridge, so wrapped in baking paper, it is very important that the butter does not soften. After about 10 minutes, take the dough out of the fridge and place it on a well-floured work surface:
4. Spread the dough in a rectangle twice as long as the butter. Place the butter on top, centered:
5. Pull the edges of the dough towards the center, covering the butter. In the middle, an almost perfect joint line of the two ends of the dough must be obtained.
6. Remove the excess flour with a brush and, on the line joining the two sides of the dough, fold it in half, as if closing a book:
7. Wrap and leave in the fridge for 30 minutes.
After this rest time, the dough is placed on the floured work surface. Gently press the extremities, pressing them, to keep the butter inside.
8. Roll out the dough again, keeping the proportions (the long side to be the longest) to a thickness of about 0.6 cm. Fold in three on the longest side.
9. Roll out the dough again and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Repeat step 8 5 more times. After the last packing, the dough is wrapped again. Leave in the fridge for at least 30 minutes. It is then spread on a 3 mm sheet. thickness. To make the dough easier to handle, I cut it in half and spread 2 separate sheets. This dough sheet is given the desired destination. It is preferable to cut the edges with a very sharp knife. We can use them for some saltines, for example.
To cut the puff pastry, use a sharp knife that is good to pass through flour, so as not to disturb the thin layers of dough alternating with those of solid butter.
The puff pastry is worked quickly, so as not to heat up in the kitchen temperature. After it is given the desired shape (sheets for cream, pies, rolls, etc.) it is good to put it in the fridge for another 15-20 minutes before baking. The indicated baking temperature is 180-190 ° C.
Below is a gallery of recipes for which I used the classic puff pastry dough. Click on any image to read the complete recipe:
In a bowl put flour, a pinch of salt and cold butter cut into cubes. Knead with your fingertips until you get a crumbly composition, then put water and mix the dough. If it does not bind add a tablespoon of water.
We do the same if we chose the version with yolk or whole egg.
We wrap it in a food foil and let it cool for at least an hour.
After it has rested, we spread the dough directly on the baking paper, put it in a tray with a diameter of 25-26 cm and prick it from place to place with a fork.
Put a baking paper over the dough and cover it with dry cereal.
Bake the tart dough for 25-30 minutes at 180 ° C, until lightly browned. blind baking or baking the dough without filling.
The dough is ready to be filled with various creams or consistent jams. I preferred a simple version and I filled the dough with plum magiun.
If you find yourself in the taste of the recipes on this blog, I am waiting for you every day on facebook page. You will find there many recipes posted, new ideas and discussions with those interested.
* You can also sign up for Recipes group of all kinds. There you will be able to upload your photos with tried and tested dishes from this blog. We will be able to discuss menus, food recipes and much more. However, I urge you to follow the group's rules!
You can also follow us on Instagram and Pinterest, with the same name "Recipes of all kinds".
10 ideas for tart dough
Whether you make it with your own hands or buy it ready kneaded, tart dough is a basic preparation that you can't get enough of. And if you happen to have an unused piece from one dessert to another, we teach you how to reintroduce it into new recipes.
If you've ever made tarts from scratch, you know you always have dough left over. Sometimes it's not enough for a second identical tart, but that doesn't mean you have to throw it away. From the remaining dough you can shape new desserts or meals.
1. Mini quiches. Cut the remaining dough into small disks so that it enters the recesses in a muffin tray. Fill them with a mixture of beaten egg and sour cream and sprinkle small pieces of bacon or vegetables on top, before putting them in the oven.
2. Cinnamon roll. Gather all the remaining pieces of dough into a ball of dough. Roll it into a 3-4 mm sheet and sprinkle with sugar mixed with cinnamon. Wrap the dough like a roll, slice it and bake.
3. Mini pies. Empanadas are Argentine pies filled with meat or vegetables. From the dough spread out in a thin sheet, cut circles to use for empanadas. Grease the edges with beaten egg, place the pieces of chicken and grated cheese on half of them, fold them in half and press well with a fork. The empanadas are ready to put in the oven.
4. Biscuits with nuts. If you are left with a few pieces of sweet tart dough, you can spread them on a sheet from which to cut squares or circles on which to present walnut kernels (or hazelnuts, almonds, pistachios) and put everything in the oven.
5. Salt biscuits. According to the same model, if you have left with salted tart dough, you can cut it into the desired shape and sprinkle it with grated Parmesan cheese. After baking it in the oven you will have a delicious portion of salted biscuits.
6. Mini croissant with chocolate. It's not the fluffiest version of this French dessert, but it's just as tasty even if you don't have croissant dough. The remaining tart dough can be spread on a thin sheet of 3 mm, cut into triangles and sprinkled with pieces of dark chocolate. It runs from the base of the triangle, like croissants.
7. Topping for ice cream. Powder the leftovers from the tart dough with ground cardamom, bake them in the oven and then grind them into small pieces, only good to sprinkle over a yogurt or ice cream.
8. Dough sausages. Although they are usually prepared with pie or puff pastry dough, you can also use the leftovers from the tart dough.
9. Sweets for breakfast. Gather all the remaining dough, spread it on a sheet and cut it into squares. Fill each square with jam or jam, wrap in half to form a triangle and bake in the oven. You will get the best dessert for morning tea.
10. Salads. If you have salted tart dough, spread it on a thin sheet, cut long strips, grease them with beaten egg and sprinkle with sesame seeds, poppy seeds or salt. You will get the best saltines for the guests.
Pressing the button below represents your agreement to the TERMS AND CONDITIONS of the COMMENTING PLATFORM.