- Dish type
- Iced tea
Minted iced tea with plenty of lemon and lime juice is a non-alcoholic version of a mojito.
1 person made this
- 4 tea bags
- 10 sprigs fresh mint, more to taste
- 700ml boiling water
- 200g granulated sugar
- 4 lemons, juiced
- 4 limes, juiced
- 1 splash vanilla extract
- 700ml cold water
- 12 ice cubes, more to taste
MethodPrep:15min ›Extra time:2hr15min › Ready in:2hr30min
- Place tea bags and mint sprigs in a large heat proof jug or tea pot. Pour boiling water over tea bag mixture and cover with a plate or lid. Steep tea until desired strength is reached, 15 to 20 minutes. Pour steeped tea through a strainer into a large jar, squeezing excess liquid from tea bags. Discard mint and tea bags.
- Stir sugar into tea until dissolved. add lemon juice, lime juice and vanilla extract. Stir cold water into tea mixture. Place lid on the jar and refrigerate until completely chilled, 2 hours to overnight.
- To serve fill a punch bowl or beverage dispenser with ice and add tea.
Add rum and sparkling water for an adult version.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(4)
Reviews in English (4)
My family loved this drink! I only used 3 lemons and 3 limes. I didn't want it to be too tart and I am glad I did. Also, I used green tea. It's very refreshing and smells so good too.-24 Jul 2017