The leek recipe filled with tofu cream is a very easy recipe that can be prepared by any of us. It is ideal for small snacks between main meals. It can be served at lunch, before the main course, as an appetizer. Leek stuffed with tofu cream is a low-calorie appetizer, has no fat, heavy sauces, is refreshing and remineralizes. As cow's cheese has been replaced with tofu (known as soy cheese), leeks stuffed with tofu cream is also a fasting recipe. It is rich in protein, fiber, minerals, vitamins and antioxidants.
- But here's what you need:
- about 50 grams of tofu,
- a little greenery (parsley or fresh dill),
- freshly ground pepper
- 1 strand of fresh leeks.
Preparation time: less than 15 minutes
RECIPE PREPARATION Leek filled with tofu cream:
The leek is washed well. Cut the green part and set aside. Only the white part is used. Remove parts with stains, tears, etc. The white part is cut into equal slices, about 5 centimeters long. Leave only 1 sheet, so that the snacks are not very hot.
Meanwhile, mix the tofu with salt, finely chopped greens and pepper. Mix well and fill the leek slices. The cheese must be pressed well, so that the snacks stand on the plate. Decorate with fresh parsley or dill, radishes and fresh tomatoes.
Have fun and have a nice weekend!
Tofu cream cheese
Spreadable tofu cream is a good choice for breakfast or a snack between meals. It is made very quickly and has a fine, pleasant texture.
We can choose from a variety of combinations, depending on the desires and tastes of the moment. Fresh vegetables give it a strong aroma, and the seeds complement both the taste and the intake of nutrients. We only need a few ingredients (depending on what we have in the fridge) and a vertical mixer, or a food processor.
In addition to these combinations you can come up with any idea, it is important to thin the cream with a little soy milk or mineral water to create the desired consistency. And for flavor you can include any vegetables you want, seeds, or spices.
Today I present 3 ideas of creamy spreadable tofu, as I like:
1. Tofu cream with olives, onions and dill:
- 200 g of natural tofu
- 1/4 green onion (or dried)
- 70-80 g pitted olives
- 1 tablespoon flax seeds
- freshly chopped dill
2. Tofu cream with bell pepper:
- 200 g of natural tofu
- 1 bell pepper (or we can put 1/2 green pepper and 1/2 red)
- a handful of sunflower seeds
- freshly chopped parsley
3. Tofu cream with cucumber and dill:
- 200 g of natural tofu
- 2-3 cucumbers (depending on size: 2 large cucumbers, or 3 small ones)
- a handful of walnut kernels
- freshly chopped parsley
METHOD OF PREPARATION:
1. Put all the ingredients in the food processor and mix.
2. To thin the cream, add a tablespoon of soy milk or mineral water until it reaches the desired consistency. We add salt and if we want to make it a little sour, we add a little lemon juice.
3. To make the cream more fragrant, at the end, when it is ready, add more depending on the recipe: a few olives, bell peppers, or finely chopped cucumbers. Freshly chopped dill or parsley, I usually put in the robot (to combine with the other tastes) and I also put at the end, to be a stronger flavor.
Rich in vitamins and minerals, with a low calorie content (only 43 per 100 g), leek is indicated in respiratory problems, diets, cellulite prevention, kidney disease, liver and cystitis and is a good diuretic and laxative .
If I convinced you of its many qualities, here is a selection of leek recipes, tasty and easy to prepare:
An original combination of ingredients and a tailor-made taste.
The leek tart recipe is appetizing, tasty, and the aromas of leek, cheese, parsley make a delicious dish.
French-inspired, the leek quiche recipe is a fine choice for a tasty lunch.
Leeks are delicious in all seasons.
A recipe with chicken soup with light and tasty leeks. Good appetite!
Leek cream soup was created by Louis Diat when he was at the Ritz-Carlton in New York in 1917. He named it Vichyssoise in honor of Vichy.
Here is a tasty and delicious soup for cool days.
Leek food with olives is fast, easy to prepare and very good in taste. An ideal food even on fasting days.
A light and quick leek stew, which you can serve either as a main course, or garnish next to a steak or why not during Lent.
Fish pie with mashed potatoes and leeks, a delicious proposal for a hearty lunch.
What could be better with a glass of beer or wine than a pie?
A baked dish for chicken lovers.
We can fool the family's greedy by seasoning some vegetables next to the classic sausages.
Here is a perfect dish for a family dinner.
This recipe is ideal for people who do not eat meat. The effort made to prepare this recipe is fully rewarded with a delicious taste.
This Dutch-inspired dish is ideal as a side dish for any type of steak or stand-alone.
Chicken with vegetables is a delicious stew, quick and easy to make. And it tastes great!
RAW-vegan CUCUMBER ROLLS with TOFU cream
These rolls are ideal for vegetarians who want a nutritious, tasty and good-looking seasonal appetizer for a festive meal or a special family meal.
It is very easy to prepare. The tofu cream is very successful, and can be served as such. Cucumbers can be replaced with raw zucchini.
Cucumber rolls with tofu cream
• 1 long cucumber
• 100 g of tofu
• 3 tablespoons of sunflower seeds
• 1 tablespoon of oil
• 1 bunch of dill
• salt and lemon juice to taste
Wash the cucumber and peel it if it does not come from a safe source. Cut it lengthwise and slice it into thin strips, as for rolls, using the potato or other vegetable cleaner. Sprinkle the cucumber slices with salt and let them sit in a sieve for half an hour.
Meanwhile, grind the seeds through an electric coffee grinder until they become powdery. Crush the tofu cheese with a fork and place in a bowl. add the ground seeds, chopped dill, oil, a little lemon juice and salt to taste.
Knead well (you can use your hands) until you get a homogeneous paste, like a pate. If it is too thick, add a little water. If you want the paste to be finer, mix it with an S-blender.
Spread the cucumber slices and place 1 tablespoon / teaspoon of tofu cream at the end of each (or spread the cream in a thin layer along the entire length of the slice). You can also add other ingredients, such as pieces of olives, grated carrots, pieces of colored bell pepper, pieces of salmon, dill leaves, etc.
Roll them lightly and fix them in the middle with a toothpick, or tie them with a stalk of parsley, dill or green onion.
Place them on a high platter for a more elegant and festive look. You will see that it looks like a rose.
Source: Good and Healthy, Tofu and cucumber rolls: https://bunsisanatos.wordpress.com/2008/11/20/rulouri-din-tofu-si-castravete/
* The advice and any health information available on this site are for informational purposes, do not replace the doctor's recommendation. If you suffer from chronic diseases or follow medication, we recommend that you consult your doctor before starting a cure or natural treatment to avoid interaction. By postponing or interrupting classic medical treatments you can endanger your health.
Preparation of leek cream soup.
More & icircnt & acirci put a pot of water to boil. Add a teaspoon of salt.
We clean the vegetables, less the leeks and chop them into cubes, then we put them in boiling water.
We cut the leeks and cut them into rounds, after we remove the first sheets. We gently pull the melted butter into the pan and change the color and it softens.
When the vegetables are well cooked, remove the carrot so as not to influence the color of the soup. This procedure is optional.
Drain the soup vegetables, add the pan-fried leeks, butter and process them with a blender, turning them into a thick paste. Add sm & acircnt & acircna for cooking and complete with a little soup to reach the desired texture.
Bring the cream soup to a boil again, just to intertwine the flavors and season it with salt, pepper and nutmeg. at the end, after extinguishing the fire, add the cream cheese and the grated Parmesan cheese and mix gently until they melt and homogenize the cream soup.
In the meantime, we prepare croutons from slices of p & acircine.
Put olive oil with grated garlic and a little oregano in a frying pan and mix the ingredients to leave the flavors.
Cut into slices about 1 cm thick. Pass the slices of bread through the flavored oil and place them in a tray lined with baking paper.
Put the tray in the oven at 200 degrees for 10-15 minutes, or until the browning is well browned.
I increase the preparation leek cream soup recipe with roasted and seasoned p & acircine croutons and enjoy it!
Vegan homemade tofu / Almette cream
By far the simplest, fastest but also the tastiest spreadable tofu cream is the one with green onions and dill. It is very easy to prepare, without too much hassle, we need a cube of natural tofu and green onions, dill and fresh parsley. It comes out creamy and fragrant, just like the well-known Almette cream.
We can serve it with homemade bread or Arabic sticks and seasonal vegetables.
- 180 g of natural tofu
- 2-3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 green onion
- green parsley
- green dill
METHOD OF PREPARATION:
1. Put all the ingredients in the food processor and mix.
2. To thin the cream, add a little water until you reach the desired consistency. Season with salt and lemon juice to taste.
3. To make the cream more fragrant, at the end, when it is ready, add a little finely chopped dill.
Tofu cheese: contraindications, nutritional content and how you can consume it
Tofu is a cheese made from milk obtained from soybeans. Of course, it does not contain gluten or cholesterol. Originally from China, this vegetable cheese is extremely healthy, containing large amounts of protein, iron and calcium.
Nutritional values 100 g of tofu:
Calcium: 20% of the recommended daily allowance (RDA)
Tofu cheese also contains: copper, selenium, zinc, phytoestrogens, isoflavones and other antioxidants.
Tofu cheese is a very important source of protein for people who adopt a vegetarian or vegan diet.
What are the benefits of tofu cheese
Maintain cardiovascular health & ndash Soy isoflavones help lower the level of cholesterol (LDL) in the blood, thus reducing the risk of high blood pressure and atherosclerosis.
Beneficial for patients with type 2 diabetes & ndash People with diabetes are often affected by kidney disease, which leads to the release of a large amount of protein in the urine. Studies show that soy protein is not released in such large amounts in the urine compared to animal protein.
Reduces the risk of osteoporosis & ndash tofu cheese isoflavones prevent the loss of bone density, while strengthening bones. That is why this cheese is especially recommended for menopausal women.
Relieves menopausal symptoms & ndash some studies also suggest that soy-based foods may relieve menopausal symptoms due to high estrogen content.
Reduces the risk of breast cancer & ndash According to recent studies, women who eat soy regularly have a lower risk of cancer than those who do not eat soy-based foods. This is also due to the high concentration of isoflavones, which also influence the menstrual cycle, but also the level of estrogen in the body.
Scientists believe that tofu cheese can reduce liver damage caused by certain diseases, but also that it could improve mental illness specific to aging - dementia, Alzheimer's. However, further research is needed on these topics.
How to eat tofu cheese
Tofu cheese is commercially available in different shapes, with different consistencies. It can be consumed as such, but also cooked. Here's how to choose the cheese, depending on how you plan to consume it:
- Hard or very hard tofu cheese maintains its texture if it is cooked at high temperatures, so it is suitable for grilling, frying pan or oven.
- Medium consistency tofu cheese is ideal for salads and soups.
- Cream cheese is ideal for sauces, but also smoothies.
For consumption as such, you can choose any type of tofu cheese.
Contraindications tofu cheese
In general, eating tofu is healthy and safe. However, there are situations in which it is good to avoid soy-based products or to consume them in limited quantities.
For example, people suffering from thyroid disorders, specifically hypothyroidism, should avoid tofu because soy is rich in goitrogens & ndash substances that prevent the formation of thyroid hormones, already deficient in these patients.
Also, patients with breast tumors are advised to avoid soy, as it is rich in estrogen, which means that it can promote the growth of tumor mass.
Very young children should not eat tofu cheese, as soy isoflavones can have a negative effect on the development of their genitals.
If you are in one of these high-risk categories, talk to your doctor about consuming soy, as well as the amount allowed.
Make two cakes from the respective ingredients, one remains yellow and the other is cocoa.
Then the cream is made. Put in a bowl margarine with powdered sugar and beat well. Put the milk, flour and butter on the fire, let it boil until it becomes like a thicker ciulama and let it cool. After it has cooled, take a spoonful of this ciulama and put it over the margarine and mix until it is incorporated, and again take it from the ciulama and mix it again with the mixer until we finish the whole ciulamaua. But be careful, the cream can be cut!
We cut the cakes into slices and start the operation of filling the cakes. We take a yellow slice, we put the cream and we stick a brown one and we put the cream again and we stick a yellow one until the end of the first cake.
After gluing the cakes together, melt the household chocolate and pour over them. Sprinkle with crushed walnuts and the cakes are ready. Leave to cool until the next day, to soften the cake.
What can you cook with tofu?
Tofu is an ingredient with a neutral taste, but extremely sensitive to the flavors of spices. It is extremely versatile and adapts to a multitude of cooking styles, always giving a special taste to the dishes. It is a good choice to make up for the lack of protein in meat and has a consistent intake of good fats in the diet.
Visually tofu can be confused with a piece of cheese. Beyond the appearance, tofu resembles cheese and the fact that the process of obtaining it is about the same, only the ingredients are different. Tofu is composed of soybeans, water and coagulation products (an acidic coagulant such as lemon or vinegar). It is produced by the coagulation of soy milk and its subsequent drainage, similar to the production of cheeses.
Its soft consistency and delicate taste make it a food that everyone likes. An important source of protein for the elderly, it can also be consumed by children, mixed with fruits or vegetables. Furthermore, tofu It can be prepared in any way: boiled, fried, grilled, steamed & # 8230
Types of tofu depending on the method of preparation
In stores, you can find tofu of several varieties: natural, in oil, salted, smoked, with spices (dill, pepper or cumin). It is good to buy it from organic stores or from specialized sites to make sure that it is a healthy product, without preservatives and other chemicals.
Fresh tofu is soft, like a fine pudding, and is sold in water. All tofu fresh can be and hard, well drained of water, the consistency of a boiled chicken breast, and can be used instead of meat.
- Creamy, silky tofu: soups, pasta dishes, sauces, substitute for mayonnaise, substitute for cream, recipes where tofu is prepared in a blender or mixer, tofu pies and puddings.
- Soft tofu: crushed tofu, substitute for egg omelette, for cream cheese, in cakes.
- Hard tofu: grilled tofu, baked tofu, fried tofu, tofu as a substitute for meat.
Important details before cooking with tofu
- Tofu must be bought fresh and consumed or prepared as soon as possible.
- When you open a pack of tofu and don't use it at all, drain it, rinse it and put it in a bowl of fresh water. It can be stored in the refrigerator for about a week, but water needs to be replaced daily. When we want to use it, the tofu will be drained so that all the liquid comes out.
- It can also be stored in the freezer, with the risk that the tofu will change its color and texture, which will become harder.
- Because it absorbs water like a sponge, it must be placed on an absorbent paper towel and left in the refrigerator overnight. If you're in a hurry, press it for about a quarter of an hour.
- Do not use marinades with tofu oil, as it contains water and the oil and water do not mix. Instead, you can use soy sauce, vinegar, broth, citrus juice.
- It is recommended that raw tofu cheese be steamed for about 5 minutes to remove bacteria, especially if it is to be eaten by children or if it is added to salads or sandwiches.
Tofu is the perfect food for any meal
From a simple piece of tofu, seemingly without any particular taste, you can make a lot of ingenious and delicious dishes to enrich your daily vegetarian menu. Used in recipes, tofu behaves like a sponge, absorbing any flavor.
- It can also be used for pizza, sandwiches, omelettes or pasta, perfectly replacing meat and cheese, both in the diet of vegetarians and those who fast.
- In the case of cakes, tofu can replace some of the amount of fat needed in the recipe. For example, if mixed with cocoa and sweetener, tofu can turn into a delicious chocolate-flavored cream.
- You can use pieces of tofu in soups, stews, steaks, etc. If you make a recipe from minced meat, you can also add tofu for meatballs or meat fillings.
- In meat dishes, you can replace the meat using thawed tofu and drain well. It successfully replaces meat in the case of pork, chicken or beef recipes, being suitable with rice or in traditional recipes such as tacos.
- It can be used fried with various dishes such as meat, tofu meatballs, tofu burgers or scrambled eggs for omelet.
- When frozen, it can be used in various dishes as a substitute for minced meat.
- Americans even produce an assortment of ice cream, "tofu", which has tofu as its main ingredient. Less fat than milk, "tofu" has a low content of saturated fatty acids and does not contain cholesterol.
Tofu and how it can be prepared
A special quality of this food is that Tofu can be prepared in the kitchen in many ways :
- Pressed tofu & # 8211 Tofu can contain a lot of water, and after cooking it can become too soft. When you want to use it in recipes where it has to be hard, use two plates and press it to squeeze the water out of it. You will get a compact tofu.
- Grilled tofu & # 8211 Hard tofu can be grilled and successfully eaten on an empty stomach instead of a steak, having the same consistency and providing the same satiety as meat. All you have to do is season the pieces of tofu with your favorite spices or seasonings, sprinkle them with a little olive oil and put them on the hot grill, 1 minute on each side.
- Steamed tofu - Hard tofu and a special steamer are used. Cut the tofu into cubes, drain well and then steam for 10 minutes. Once it's ready, you can use it in any recipe, for example, you can serve steamed tofu with soy . Prepare a sauce made from sesame oil, sesame seeds, soy sauce, green onions and hot peppers.
- Baked tofu (in the oven) & # 8211 To make baked tofu, you need to drain it well of the water and cut it into pieces, then put it on a baking paper, greased with fat beforehand. Keep in the oven at 220 degrees until golden. It's perfect for salads and burritos with legumes. It can be previously marinated or just seasoned with various spices, after which it can be eaten and cooked with some fresh vegetables, in a delicious fasting food. Tofu can be used as a meat substitute in all dishes you prepare in the oven .
- Fried tofu - We can prepare hard tofu, well drained, by frying in oil. Cut the tofu into cubes and place in a wok, in hot oil and fry over medium heat, turning carefully, so as not to crumble and to fry well on all sides. Then remove from the pan and drain the oil on a kitchen paper. Mix with the rest of the ingredients, depending on the recipe chosen. You can fry some vegetables in the same pan, or you can make an omelet.You can also prepare bread , if you give the pieces of tofu through a mixture of flour, spices and a little water. It will become golden and crunchy, and the middle will remain creamy.
- Marinated tofu & # 8211 Tofu has no flavor, but it behaves like a sponge that absorbs all the flavors of the ingredients around it. Therefore, you can marinate it with the vegetables and spices you want. Opt for Asian spices in the marinade preparation, add olive oil, a little balsamic vinegar and leave the tofu pieces for about 30 minutes. You can eat marinated tofu as such, along with a lettuce , or you can add it to other baked or pan-fried dishes.
- Tofu puree - Put tofu in a blender along with the other ingredients to get a creamy soup, a pudding cream or a salad dressing.
- Tofu in soups & # 8211 Some soups (especially Chinese ones) go great with a few pieces of cheese in them, which melt slowly and add extra flavor to the dish. Replace classic cheese with pieces of tofu in such dishes.
CAREFUL! Last but not least, tofu should be eaten in moderation, as it has a high protein content. It is a healthy product, often recommended in diets due to the low number of calories, but at the same time with a rich nutritional content.
Out of Love for Life
Organic fruits and vegetables, organic products, vegetarian alternatives and carefully selected healthy organic products, made by responsible people. Information for a healthy lifestyle and lots of love!
Artichoke tofu cream
Artichoke tofu cream is a snack adapted from a Sicilian recipe that I loved a lot years ago. The original recipe is prepared with tuna, artichokes, lemon juice and olive oil.
I replaced the tuna with tofu, which I prepared like a salted cheese and put a few drops of linseed oil. Thanks to this oil, our cream will have a taste similar to that of tuna, which goes perfectly with boiled corn.
Artichokes can be found in this period only preserved in oil, or in the form of paste. Either option is good.
Here's how to make a delicious snack easily and easily:
- 200 g of natural tofu
- 2-3 tablespoons artichoke paste
- lemon juice
- 150 g boiled corn
- linseed oil
- green dill
METHOD OF PREPARATION:
1. Put the tofu through the large grater, sprinkle it with a little lemon juice and salt (a little more), cover it and put it in the fridge for 15-20 minutes. We will get a salted cheese, similar to telemeua.
2. Mix the tofu with the artichoke paste and a few drops of flaxseed oil. Add the corn kernels, chopped green dill and check if you need more salt or lemon juice. We only add a few drops of flaxseed oil because it is very caloric, it is slightly bitter and it tastes like fish.
Optionally we can add extra olives or flax seeds. It is wonderful spread on bread or sticks, or can be used as a pasta dressing. We can also spread it on halves of bell peppers or cherry tomatoes and we get a very tasty and unique appetizer.